“Warning Part II”

Ranked #44 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Muscatine, Iowa
“Warning Part II”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Room booked on Jan 9th, 2014....for the week of March 15-March 21st 2014, between 6 phone calls to 'Johnny' the manager and 5 correspondence email's to 'Johnny' back and forth, with a conformation number for reservation...arrived after a 22 hr drive only to find out....NO ROOM for my family!!! NO RECORD OF ANY BOOKING!!!! Heart sank...I should of known by the phone conversations with 'Johnny' that he didn't take down my info. When we first got there, his comment was 'oh yeah' I talked to you 2 days ago & you cancelled'...I said 'Oh no I didn't', you didn't hear from me, then if I didn't hear it once I heard it 5 times...it was corporate who cancelled your reservations.

Corporate huh???? This ISN'T a 'chain motel.' I will be contacting the Treasure Island Chamber of commerce and the BBB about this. I will spare all of the other details of what my family had to do to jump thru hoops to get a room because this is the week of Spring Break and EVERYTHING was sold out, because everything was booked months ago!!!!!!

I will find out who "Corporate" is and let them know of how UNPROFESSIONAL 'Johnny' is. They need to know how their property is being managed. After we got a room, I got back on the reviews & low and behold.....Someone got to experience the same situation :( How sad....

9 Thank Regina A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Service was great from all. Pool was clean and heated and the kids loved it. Ocean access was great.
I would recommend the Jefferson Motel to anyone looking for great ocean front resort.

Staff was great, johnny the manager made sure everything was going well thought out the stay which we love, the suites are big and clean, and the price is fair will be coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms their much nicer
3 Thank judy s
Millersport, Ohio
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I made a reservation for the Jefferson Motel Apartments in early November 2013 the reservation was for March 2-8 2014. My daughter and I both made reservations the same day. We both got confirmation numbers. Her's was the number right before mine. She got to the motel before I did, checked in and asked the man about my room. He told her he did not have a reservation for me. But he would give me a room @ the walk-in rate which was $80.00 more a night than my reserved rate! She told him I had a confirmation number and he said he had no record of that number. He refused to give me the reservation rate! My daughter told him if we weren't staying there then neither was she! The man was very rude and would rather loose $1600.00 than honor my reservation! The place was also run down, the pool was dirty and most of the screens were torn. My daughter called around and was able to get 2 rooms at the Tahitian! (very nice place with a great rate)

6 Thank ludwigv18

Travellers are raving about these Treasure Island hotels

Davenport, Florida
Reviewed 29 December 2013

we stayed at the jefferson motel dec. 10th for our 40th wedding anniversay and couldn't have been happier. the hotel was pleasant clean and in a good location we loved the view of the beach out of our livingroom window, wish we had more time to stay, but we will be back definetly.

Room Tip: we had a downstairs room right behind the flower arbor and we loved it could smell the flowers in th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Linda R
Lakeland, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Went here on a girls retreat trip and actually came back the following month with daughter and grandchildren and it was so nice. Friendly staff, clean and the ocean was not far from our rooms. Was in walking distance from store and eating. Enjoyed the Ice Cream Parlor. Very enjoyable place Will visit again. Met some great people and pool was nice and warm and clean.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Sheila S
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We decided to go to Treasure Island last minute and searching hotels in the area was a nightmare. Call after call it was either too expensive or they did not have two rooms in an apartment-like setting that we wanted. When I called the Jefferson Hotel I have to say it was refreshing. Johnny, the manager, was so nice and had all the information I needed and the price was extraordinary!! He told me to call and confirm the night before if we could check in early and we could, which was a bonus.
Upon arrival we saw a beautifully newly painted hotel that was only steps from the beach. Let me tell you, I never thought we would be able to afford a hotel so close to the beach but low and behold, The Jefferson!! We entered the office and Johnny gave me two keys to the different rooms they had available to see which I would prefer, and any woman appreciates that, right? We chose room 23 upstairs and it was beyond our expectations.
Although I did bring 3 cans of Clorox wipes and a bottle of bleach, I must say it was spotless. We wiped down all of the surfaces, and moved in.
The had everything we needed from dishes, cups, plates, can openers, coffee pot, toaster, pots and pans, utensils and even wine glasses. Although I brought my own just in case. We had coffee at an upstairs patio set in the morning and watched the sun rise and grilled out steaks one night.
It was the most relaxing and convenient vacation that I have had in a long time. I felt safe and secure with the abundance of lights in the walk-ways and the surveillance cameras.
We usually spent the morning at the beach and the afternoon at the pool. I would highly recommend this to all of my friends and family and plan on returning again next year for our little getaway. Thanks Johnny!
Don't forget to check out R-Bar for dinner...all you can eat specials and the prices are amazing. We also traveled to John's Pass for the day to walk around and have lunch. They offer a pirate cruise and a casino boat also.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 23 and it was great. I would recommend replacing the refrigerator but other than...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Mollie67
Cambria Heights, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The manager Johnny was so great with us. The place is clean, staff and people super nice. The room was big, love the stove/kitchen. You walk onto the beach, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. for a first timer in tampa its was like home. Me and my girlfriend will definitely be returning

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple