“Very nice hotel and great customer service!”

Treasure Bay Resort & Marina
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay...Ms. Carolyn,Randy, and all other stay were wonderful..I did not want to leave and I can't wait to go back...This was my first time at Treasure Island and my stay was pleasant.....

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We definitely should've left this hotel. It started off poor because of the customer service. Out of the employees we interacted with there were only 2 that were very nice & helpful. My husband's grandparents made our reservations (Sun-Fri) as a gift for us as a gift (Our wedding was on Weds. May 28th). I am positive the only reason our room was cleaned was because I complained on Weds morning. I had told the front desk our room has not been cleaned Mon or Tues and it would be nice to at least come back to a room with the bed made...I mean it's our wedding! One night my husband's card wasn't working when he needed back in the hotel and no one was at the front desk. Then they wouldn't redo his card for the room even though his name is in the reservation and his credit card was on file (until his gparents paid). Weds morning I come to the hotel since I'm not suppose to stay in the same room as him the night before & my card didn't work. My name is not on the reservation...nothing. I did inform them that I am getting married & I would find a way to get my wedding dress out of that room. I had all the reservation information (printed confirmation) in the room that I could prove to them that I am allowed in the room. Also, on day of check in I asked if they had a fold out we could use (we had a single king)....somewhat snotty the front desk responded -max of 2 beds in a room. Well that's fine, we have a king and our best man is coming in a night early and would like a place for him to sleep. She said she would look into it as there's only 1 fold out bed per floor. She never touched base and she never helped us. Another lady did help me (1 of the 2 nice employees) and got a bed for him!
Overall we wish we would've checked out Tuesday morning and found another place to stay. Turned out the Bilmar was roughly the same price and soooo much better! We extended our stay & stayed there on Sat night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank naynay39
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Our friends were getting married at the sirata resort. We were shocked at the room prices there. We saw the good reviews of this place and were very happy with our room. It was nicer than the siratas rooms and a much quieter place! The beach is beautiful. Pool and hot tub are clean. The staff was nice. Only criticisms would be not knowing about coffee area and the soap is very harsh. We would definitely come back and recommend to anyone wanting a clean quiet place close to the beach.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tracey F
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was a very nice hotel, got a room at the rear of the property and the view was lovely, the front view left a lot to be desired. The staff at the hotel were lovely, the room was excellent and the beds very comfortable. Treasure island itself is another matter, worded very well "Treasure Island" I would not have bothered digging it up! It says alot when you walk past the shops, as my husband said you can get a tatoo, eat your lunch and buy alchohol all within 50 yards! In summary hotel lovely Treasure Island I would not bother.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the rear of the property.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GOODHANDBAG
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Amazed to find it is on your list cause we had horrible experience not a chair in room closet had no door let alone a hanger it was dingy smell mold ask for another room to no avail checked out next day. All seems ok on pics but seeing it is another story, foam cups is fabulous to have wine need I say more would not recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked this Hotel via Hotwire. I got my room with an uneven number it was facing the canal. It was very quiet and peaceful. I used my balcony a lot, watched the charter boats coming in and leaving. Very clean, good size rooms, friendly and helpful staff. II only had to cross the Gulf Blvd to get to the endless long beach. They got a promenade for easy strolls without getting sandy feet :-))

Room Tip: choose an uneven number room as it is facing the canal.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Checked in and was given my room key. Wasn't told where to go. Wasn't told what the weird word was written on the key sleeve (later found out it was the wifi password). Wasn't told that there would be complimentary coffee in the morning or where it was located. Wasn't told about the sundeck or how to get there (My room was on the 3rd floor--sundeck is on the 2nd. If I wasn't wandering around, I wouldn't have known how to access it from the inside). Wasn't told about the laundry services. Wasn't told anything about the business center. And when we walked away, the "operations manager" Carolyn said, "Well, 9 more to go (sigh)." She was not friendly nor welcoming. And for the amount of money I paid for the room (last minute Memorial Day weekend booking), she should have been overly welcoming. Room was clean. We had a bay view room, #323. Walls and door is thin. You can hear everything next door, down the hall, etc. Beds were comfy. Front stairwell smelled like pine sol flavored throw up (nice try cleaning that up-you get an "A" for effort). At a premium rate, no less, this was the last hotel on the strip that had vacancy for the weekend (I wonder why). I wouldn't stay here again if I had a choice. I would have given it a better rating if the customer service matched the price I paid. And yes, all aforementioned amenities are listed on their website. However, after comparing between a bunch of inland hotels and the one seaside hotel available, a little refresher course upon arrival would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: Be careful when stepping down out of the tub. The tub floor is higher than the bathroom floor. The...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends