“Love this Hotel !”

Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Fairfax, Virginia
“Love this Hotel !”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

If you are looking for top Treasure Island location, value, friendly staff and 24/7 coffee, this is the place. We have spent 6-7 weeks at TBH&M each winter for 4-5 years. We wouldn't consider
any other place in the area. Try it, you'll like it !
Larry, Falls Church VA

Room Tip: Gulf view .. 2nd floor front. Marina/Canal view ... either floor on NE side.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Solon Springs, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the accomodations and its proximity to local attractions, eateries, and watering holes. The room I had overlooked the canal (which I personally would suggest. Very quiet and what amazing sunrises. Staff was very accommodating to our needs. Very helpful with local info. Motel is somewhat older but my unit had been updated with nice cabinetry, frig, micro, etc. Price was very good weekdays, normal weekend rates. I would recommend as a central location for a vacation in this area.

Room Tip: I would stay on the canal side it it were me. NO road noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brad T
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We got a room from the Hotel tonight app on a Sunday for 73 bucks after everything. Great deal. Place was nice. Has a pool and jacuzzi. Also has an upstairs area where you can get coffee, watch something on the big screen TV while relaxing on the couch. They also have a claw machine. I won a lot of prizes from it. It was fun. The room than we expected. Room has a balcony overlooking the water. Just wish I brought my fishing pole.

Lastly, I don't understand the negative reviews about Carolyn at the front desk. She was very nice and even let us check in early.

All in all, nice little place to stay on Treasure Island

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jerry813
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay...Ms. Carolyn,Randy, and all other stay were wonderful..I did not want to leave and I can't wait to go back...This was my first time at Treasure Island and my stay was pleasant.....

• Stayed June 2014
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We definitely should've left this hotel. It started off poor because of the customer service. Out of the employees we interacted with there were only 2 that were very nice & helpful. My husband's grandparents made our reservations (Sun-Fri) as a gift for us as a gift (Our wedding was on Weds. May 28th). I am positive the only reason our room was cleaned was because I complained on Weds morning. I had told the front desk our room has not been cleaned Mon or Tues and it would be nice to at least come back to a room with the bed made...I mean it's our wedding! One night my husband's card wasn't working when he needed back in the hotel and no one was at the front desk. Then they wouldn't redo his card for the room even though his name is in the reservation and his credit card was on file (until his gparents paid). Weds morning I come to the hotel since I'm not suppose to stay in the same room as him the night before & my card didn't work. My name is not on the reservation...nothing. I did inform them that I am getting married & I would find a way to get my wedding dress out of that room. I had all the reservation information (printed confirmation) in the room that I could prove to them that I am allowed in the room. Also, on day of check in I asked if they had a fold out we could use (we had a single king)....somewhat snotty the front desk responded -max of 2 beds in a room. Well that's fine, we have a king and our best man is coming in a night early and would like a place for him to sleep. She said she would look into it as there's only 1 fold out bed per floor. She never touched base and she never helped us. Another lady did help me (1 of the 2 nice employees) and got a bed for him!
Overall we wish we would've checked out Tuesday morning and found another place to stay. Turned out the Bilmar was roughly the same price and soooo much better! We extended our stay & stayed there on Sat night.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank naynay39
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Our friends were getting married at the sirata resort. We were shocked at the room prices there. We saw the good reviews of this place and were very happy with our room. It was nicer than the siratas rooms and a much quieter place! The beach is beautiful. Pool and hot tub are clean. The staff was nice. Only criticisms would be not knowing about coffee area and the soap is very harsh. We would definitely come back and recommend to anyone wanting a clean quiet place close to the beach.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracey F
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was a very nice hotel, got a room at the rear of the property and the view was lovely, the front view left a lot to be desired. The staff at the hotel were lovely, the room was excellent and the beds very comfortable. Treasure island itself is another matter, worded very well "Treasure Island" I would not have bothered digging it up! It says alot when you walk past the shops, as my husband said you can get a tatoo, eat your lunch and buy alchohol all within 50 yards! In summary hotel lovely Treasure Island I would not bother.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the rear of the property.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple