“Nice hotel with a goood location.”

Treasure Bay Resort & Marina
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
“Nice hotel with a goood location.”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Nice location right across the street from public access beach. Several restaurants within walking distance. Nice modern clean rooms all with balconies either facing the bay or gulf. John's Pass is a short drive away with sgops and restaurants galore.Would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank sparkyinibew934

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The room was ok. Dated and not super clean, but seemed to be okay. Until we turned on the a/c and tried to sleep after we arrived very late at night. It cycled on and off every 20 minutes with a loud clunk. Needless to say, we didn't sleep. The blanket was sheet thin and the door was such a poor fit that the light from the hallway shone in and lit up the room. The people above us must have brought elephants as pets, because we heard every footstep.

Our marina front view? The patio was covered in fire ants and people would walk by and stare into our room.

We put a "do not disturb" sign on the door for the maid. The maid insisted on knocking many times until we finally gave up and talked to her. Apparently you are not allowed to not be disturbed because you have to sign a sheet for them saying you request to not have your room serviced.

We cancelled the remaining 11 nights and left, with the manager promising to let Expedia know to refund our money minus the extra night they kept as punishment. They never did. Instead, I got to spend time calling and trying to sort it all out.

We found a condo on sunset beach for just a couple of dollars more and had a much better experience.

Room Tip: top floor to cut some overhead noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank storhm
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This was an amazing deal and perfect location. We were right across from the beach...400ft or less. Our room overlooked the quiet marina instead of the busy street. The staff was phenomenal and price through Expedia was under priced but we aren't complaining. We will definitely be back to Treasure Island and we will definitely stay here again. Thank you for an amazing experience.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank april c
Holiday, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I must say the view from the room was great and the hotel itself was located in a great location. A few things that I was not pleased with was the hardness of the bed for some this may not be a problem and the shortage of towels. I am not sure what system they have of how they determine how many towels go in a room. In my opinion if it is a two queen bed bedroom you would think they would provide you with four towels; but they didn't they provided us with two. When I had asked for additional towels they stated that they had ran out and that they only had one washer and dryer. They tried to offer us pool towels that were like sand paper. I just thought for a hotel and the price per night we would be able to have the proper amount of towels needed without the hassle. The customer service wasn't the greatest either. To top it off the next morning we have a morning view of a drunk guy passed out on a chair at the pool that other guest of the hotel had to deal with as well that did have kids; keep in mind this was at 8 in the morning unacceptable in my opinion. I probably will not have another stay at this hotel just with the experience that I've had did not meet my expectations.

Room Tip: Make sure you specifically say gulf view .
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I loved everything about the hotel. I especially liked that besides the office door there were different ways to enter the building. The balcony was awesome and the view was perfect. You could see the beach right from the balcony. My only concern was that the elevator broke twice when we were there. It was very slow so we took the stairs most of the time. Also the hallways had a fishy smell to them. But the rooms smelled okay.Overall, if we go back to Treasure Island we'll defiantly be back.

Room Tip: The second floor was nice. It was the only floor with a club room and had access to the sun patio.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank adventuress21
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lovely place and staff. When I visit Treasure Island, I don't even waste my time looking elsewhere. I had a view of the bay this time and preferred it. The hotel is very attentive to guests and each visit I have made just makes me come back again.

Room Tip: I have had the gulf view and the bay view. I personally preferred the bay view the fourth time aroun...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location right on gulf blvd (and steps from the beach!) Room was simple but clean and decorated nicely. Marina was right outside our patio door. There is no breakfast, but they will give you coupons at the front desk for Waffle House.

• Stayed July 2014