“nice stay”

Treasure Bay Resort & Marina
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 1 January 2009

We stayed at this small hotel during the last week of December. It is right across the street from the beach. The rooms are big, quiet, and clean, and the beds are very comfortable. The room had a small kitchenette with sink, microwave, cupboards, and small refrigerator. They also have free WI-FI in each room and a computer in the lobby.The hotel also has a small pool and hot tub. There are lots of places to eat nearby, a Waffle House is next door and a McDonalds is down the street. They have a very lite breakfast of muffins and coffee. They no longer have free newspapers or free snacks in the evenings. We enjoyed this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank BrenOb
There are newer reviews for Treasure Bay Resort & Marina

Reviewed 31 December 2008

My husband and I spent Xmas at Treasure Bay ( Dec 25th to 29th, 2008). This hotel is perfectly situated across the beach with great vews of the sunset and sunrise. The area ( Treasure Island) is extremely family friendly! It is not a party town instead its a relaxing area that has everything you might need. Its in driving distance of other cities like Orlando and Tampa bay which have great restaurants and night life. The room was beautiful-with modern and new furnishing--this hotel is only 1 year old!Lobby and lounge were very clean! Staff was very helpful and friendly and made check in/out a breeze! There was always fresh tea and coffee available in the lounge. We will definately stay here again!

1  Thank SofieN
Reviewed 30 December 2008

This place was better than it seemed at first glance. The rooms were really spacious and any balcony view is good. The gulf is across the road, and can only be seen between other hotels, but that was just fine. The other side views a small bay. The outdoor pool was heated, and a great hott tub was beside it which could accomodate up to 8 people. Hotel had round-the-clock coffee. An odd but satisfying continental breakfast. This place had wireless internet and was much cleaner than expected. Plush bed. Staff were very friendly. Fresh towels were available poolside. To get to the beach, all yoou had to do was walk directly across the street and hit the sand. Several places to eat within walking distance. We would definitely stay here again. Recommend calling to get the best rate.

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed 29 December 2008

The hotel's sign is the perfect height to be obscured by the palm trees between it and the street. We missed it the first time by. The parking spaces were on the small side, even for our compact rental car.

Our room was just fine, about what I was expecting for the price. Everything was in good condition. The beds were soft. There were lots of pillows. The kitchenette was barely worthy of the label: a microwave, small fridge/freezer, one of those tiny hand washing sinks and bare cupboards. The wireless internet was very intermittent, though wired worked well and there was a computer in the lobby that appeared to get frequent use. The complimentary breakfast was also rather minimal: a small platter of muffins and cookies with coffee/tea.

The sunsets from our balcony were gorgeous, though. The sliding glass door was very heavy (hurricane glass?) and we had no trouble with noise either from the road or neighbors. We really enjoyed the beach right across the street. I wanted to take all of the shells home with me.

Reviewed 15 December 2008

This is a newly renovated, spotless hotel right on Gulf Blvd in Treasure Island. Location was great with a trolley stop almost right in front of the hotel, the beach directly across the street and shops/restaurants within walking distance. The room was spacious and nicely re-done in a muted green color with rich brown furniture. Bathroom and little kitchenette had granite countertops and the fridge, microwave and kitchen area would be a great plus if spending a week here with family. The service was good and the pool and other pubic areas were immaculate. Gorgeous views of the sunset from the balcony which was a good size with nice furniture on it. Bed linens & pillows were very thin and poor quality- which was odd given they had just spent the $ on renovating- may as well have bought decent sheets & pillows. I would not hestiate to book this hotel again.

1  Thank connied76
Reviewed 30 November 2008

Overall pretty good for the cost of the room....the room itself is pretty spacious and the location is nice too. It was the perfect place to relax while visiting the family in St. Petersburg. The municipal beach is right across the street. The only negatives were that the bedlinens are very thin and pilled and the annoying music that they pipe in around the pool (our room was right above the pool)
Thank goodness they agreed to turn if off when we called the front desk.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2008

I booked a two night stay at this hotel on the hotels website. At the time the rate was 139.00. Two weeks later the rate for the same room on the same site was 109.00. So I called the hotel and they told me to cancel my reservation online and make a new one, which I did two weeks before our stay. When we checked in there was no one at the desk. We waited for someone to come to the desk for 15 minutes. We finally checked in and the elevator did not work, When we finally got to the room it was a lovely room. However, the balcony door did not lock, there was no iron and the AC sounds like it is 100 years old. At check out they did not have me sign anything or provide me with a receipt. When I got my credit card statement in they charged me 75.00 more than they should have, I called the hotel and was informed that the general manager would call me right back. I waited for 3 days and no one called. I called again and again. 5 times total and faxed my credit card statement and my reservation paperwork from them. They couldn't even find me in the computer. One week went by and no call. So I called back a 6th time and was told I had been charged for my cancelled reservation. The girl continued to argue with me, I finally had to call the credit card company and dispute it. I will never go back.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple