This is a great, locally owned, resort hotel right on the beach in St. Petersburg FL. Our room had beach views, had updated furnishings and fixtures and was very clean. We had the Gulf Front Efficiency Suite which worked out great for the two of us. It had 2 beds, a mini fridge and microwave. All we had to do to get to the beach was walk down the stairs out onto the sand.
They will give you a tag for parking in the main lot in front of the hotel - we were able to find spots each day in this lot. If that fills up there are 200 additional spaces in the overflow lot across the street next to Walgreen's. There are also two pools on site if you prefer that to the clear Gulf water. There are two restaurants on site - Sloppy Joes for lunch and dinner, and Bazzies that does breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had breakfast and dinner at Bazzie's on different days. Both times we got good service, good food and huge portions. We ate lunch at Sloppy Joes and they were also good.
We spent most of our time on the beach but there are a lot of things to do nearby. John's Pass Village and Boardwalk has a ton shopping. Busch Gardens isn't far. The Salvador Dali museum is a 20 min drive into St. Petersburgh (this is a great museum, parking in the free spaces is limited though so expect to pay $5 to park in the garage). On the way there are tons of places to eat and go out. Right along the strip right outside the hotel there are many shops and restaurants that are within walking distance. Two nights in a row we walked a couple of blocks up the street from the hotel to Middle Grounds, an amazing restaurant that is open for dinner every day. They use all fresh ingredients and they almost always have a "fresh caught" fish special. There is also a good Mexican restaurant right across the street. The inside is more like a bar but out back they have tables where you can sit an enjoy some great food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida