Bilmar Beach Resort
  • Pool
US$236
US$229
Travelocity
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites(Treasure Island)
US$428
South Beach Condo/Hotel(Treasure Island)
US$301
US$237
Travelocity
Sunset Inn & Cottages(Treasure Island)
US$263
Travelocity
Mardi Gras Motel(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$96
iBeach Resort(Treasure Island)
US$107
2,254 results
All reviewssloppy joespalms buildingacross the streetresort feepaddle boardswithin walking distancelive musicstove tophot tubdrug storewatch the sunsetflat screen tvlong walkthird floorgulf of mexicospring breakjohn's pass
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2013

So my family and I stayed at the Bilmar from June 22-25. Overall things were good. The best were the rooms (clean, really comfortable beds, quiet, nice little balcony for enjoying sunsets, and great cleaning service), clean beaches, and the on-site restaurants,

The biggest problem we had was broken elevator the entire time we were there and seemingly no one seemed too concerned about it. They do have 2 elevators however, my 87 year old mother uses a cane and has major mobility issues so even having to walk any extra steps can be hard. So, if someone complains and explains why, you might want to offer a first floor room!

The other major downside was that people could smoke where ever...even by the pool and there were times it reeked. I appreciate that people smoke. But I wish they would get with it and provide designated areas away from the majority of people. Most people don't smoke anymore.

There are beach umbrellas and cabanas with chairs to rent at the beach. They could use more tables/chairs with umbrellas at the pool. Those were coveted.

If they could be a bit more responsive and deal with the smoking situation, this would be a perfect place to stay if you enjoy this part of Florida.

Room Tip: My sister got an upgrade to a huge room in the "tower". I'm not sure how but I think being nice and patient on busy days helps.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at the Bilmar for 3 nights in May 2013. Room was great -had 2 double beds and we were given a pack and play for our infant son. Surprised they didn't have sheets for it, though, as I even emailed them before the trip to ask if they did and they said "yes". And when we called down and asked for sheets for it, they brought us bed sheets. You can't have loose bedding for a baby, so we just had him sleep on the pad -not ideal, but we got over it. If I'd known, I would have packed some! The kitchenette came in really handy for making bottles, storing baby food, etc. There are 2 restaurants on site -we had one great meal at Sloppy Joes and one not so great meal. We ate breakfast at Bazzie's twice -great food, reasonably priced and nice to eat right on the beach in the cool morning air. The location was in walking distance to many shops and restaurants which we liked -we don't want to spend time driving around on vacation! There is a Publix about a block away if you want to stock your fridge with some pop and beer. The beach is extremely wide, as others have noted. Just be prepared for the long walk and know you won't be running back and forth to your room, as you can do further down or up the coast. But on the plus side, because the beach is so large, it never felt crowded, even on the weekend. One of the two pools was closed almost our entire stay, which would have been disappointing if we weren't beach people! Other than that, a good value for the money -great views, clean room, and plenty of amenities on site and close by.

Room Tip: Because of other reviews, I requested a room on a higher floor so we didn't hear music or other bar noise from Sloppy Joes. We didn't hear anything -very peaceful!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The Bilmar was a very nice place to stay. We stayed in room 345 overlooking the pool AND the beach. The girl who cleaned our room did an excellent job every day. The whole resort was kept very clean. 2 nice pools, convenient location, 2 restaurants on site with great food. No problems with parking. Room to water is a little hike, but we enjoyed that! Nice not being so crowded on the beach....We saw a Rays game, played a round at the Tides, and mostly hung out on the beach...so relaxing...oh, and the beds...SO comfy!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My family of 6 loved this hotel. We had 2 connecting rooms with views of the beach. The free kids breakfast was a great deal and was so good, with so much food, that the kids were stuffed until after lunch! Beach is great! The staff is on top of everything. We rented the beach cabanas for extra shade while at the beach.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear MelnAustin,

Thank you so much for staying with us again. The Bilmar team strives to exceed our guest’s expectations and it is so rewarding to know those efforts pay off with a great experience. We look forward to your next visit to Tampa Bay and the Bilmar Beach Resort.
Sincerely, Clyde Smith – General Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have been to Bilmar multiple times, as well as other beach getaways, but Bilmar simply is the best for the money. They know me by name, give me frequent visitor discount, love the 2 restaurants on site, Sloppy Joes and Bazzies. Great food. Also love that most rooms have a balcony beach side and two awesome pools. It is 550 feet from hotel to beach water and that is a plus as well. No traffic noises, or annoying music from other hotels. Simply quiet, relaxing, sound of waves. NEVER crowded on the beach, EVER.

My most recent experince just reinforces my decision to choose Bilmar over others. Checked into my clean wonderful room late, and next morning some "roudy" people were on the floor below me, on their balcony, just yelling, carrying on, smoking, using foul language. It took a simple visit to the front desk and Shauna immediately took action. She upgraded me to an incredible room, more amenities, at no extra charge. AND I was able to leave for the day to do some beaching and sight seeing, and she had someone move everything for us. I was so happy, and how awesome to come back from a day out and go to an even greater room, and everything moved. Larry was also at the front desk and was very supportive and kind. Shauna has taken care of me on many occasions, and if she ever leaves it just won't be the same. All the staff at the Bilmar are so pleasant and seem to enjoy what they do. How refreshing! Thanks Shauna, Larry, Corey, April, and I think Lisa. Sorry I cannot remember all the names, I just know I will be back in September but will stay an entire week this time. It IS like going home......

Room Tip: Stay in the Shells section of the hotel. The efficiences are not that much more, still have a balcony, but give you TONS more room and a nice table off of kitchen. Much more bathroom space as well AND a full frig, not a mini :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for sharing your recent and previous experiences at the Bilmar Beach Resort with your fellow travelers. It is so important to our team to provide the value for your money that our guest’s deserve and it is great to hear we have exceeded your expectations again! I will share your generous comments with the staff members you mentioned and their peers. We look forward to welcoming you home in September and for many years to come.
Best regards, Clyde Smith – General Manager