Had family staying here for a few days and visited the front desk to inquire on a parking pass. The guests staying were advised to have us stop by and provide info to obtain a pass. On Friday, I stopped in and advised I would be a visitor to the hotel for 2 days. As the younger woman proceeded to assist, Lisa (an older woman) yelled over and told the young woman to only give me parking for 1 day only. She continued to state that they were not sure how full they would be on the weekend. I accepted my pass and parked in the VISITOR LOT for the day. The following day I stopped by the desk and as a young woman was willing to assist once again with a new pass for me, Lisa yelled over saying NO- we dont have anything available etc etc. I reminded Lisa how poor of service this is, even to LOCALS, as I have already spent money at the hotel the previous day and had planned to spend even more that day. She ignored my feedback/comment and answered the phone to get away from having to speak to me or the other employee. Lisa was extremely unprofessional to myself, and with a lobby of other 'guests' waiting in line.
It shouldnt matter if I am an overnight guest staying in a room or a 'visitor'. If you offer this to the guests who are staying and advise them what to have their 'guests' do when they want to come for the day, then the establishment should follow through. The parking lot is either intended for a guest or it isnt. Do not base it on the mood of the front desk employee- this one being Lisa.
I spent money in the beach bar on Friday. On Saturday I paid my own parking and ate elsewhere off the property, as I had no intentions to ever spend any money at this resort again due to the poor treatment by Lisa. On average,I pay parking at the beach access' 3 times/month. Paying for parking is no issue on my end as it is a norm for me. My husband and I stay overnight at the hotels along St Pete and Treasure Island an average of once a month. We are frequent visitors of both day and overnight. I was excited to have the ability to check this hotel out and possibly return for an overnight stay. After the 2 interactions with Lisa, we have decided this hotel is not for us, as we would rather give our money and business to other properties who are friendly, and provide decent customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida