My wife and I ( sounds like Royalty) spent two fantastic weeks in this friendly hotel.
We had a gulf front efficiency which was more than adequate for our needs.The staff were so friendly and accommodating it was unreal.
We had a slight problem with the freezer..it was repaired within 10 minutes.
If we needed help and advice, staff and other visitors offered their local knowledge without favour.
It was obvious that many visitors were regulars.
The first night had a Jazz band playing for us in Bazzies..they were excellent and had been playing there since 1969 !!! not continuously though..lol..
The food in Bazzies and sloppy Joe's was well cooked, well presented and very reasonably priced.
We had gone there to celebrate my wife's birthday and our third wedding anniversary.
Staff went out of their way to advose as to the best places to go..all had different suggestions...which was really pleasing.
After a day on the beach we went back to our room (310) where we could listen to an artist playing and singing , very laid back, and sedate from 4pm until sunset. This was excellent as the majority of the artists were getting on in years and played and sang songs from years gone by.
Nice to drink a few bears at the same time.
WE spent quite a bit of time at Ricky T's bar, literally straight across the road from the hotel. Again it was full of friendly locals who chatted and passed the evening and night away with us.
We visited local bars and restaurants but gravitated back to the Bilmar , Sloppie Jo's and Ricky T's.
We are going back again next year and we will take our grandson . He will be able to walk out of the hotel and straight onto the beach and walk about 150 yards across the sand to the water.
The sea temperature was warmer than the air temperature in the UK.
Gents, this is not the place where ladies take several different frocks, dresses and shoes..if you know what I mean. The order of dress is t shirts, shorts and flip flops...and in the evening it is clean t shirts, shorts and flip flops.
What a fantastic place to wind down.
The room was cleaned , every day and the facilities, including the kitchen equipment was , as I have said, more than adequate for anyone's needs.
It has two small swimming pools which were clean and well used
For the Brits who are reading this, you will really appreciate dolphins breaking surface and swimming a few yards in front of you.The first time was so hilarious as my wife thought they were sharks and that would attack her...( no such luck !!! lol)
Tampa airport is a 25 mins drive away and Orlando is about 90 mins away.
There are two supermarkets within 5 minutes walk. WE preferred Publix which had everything you could wish for
A great place to relax and enjoy yourself
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida