“Nice hotel and one good Restaurant”

Bilmar Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel was great, we were upgraded to a suite overlooking the pool. The beach access is right out back of the hotel and there is a nice walkway along hotel row. Plenty of restaurants nearby. The hotel also has two pools and two restaurants. We ate at sloppy joes and the grouper sandwiches were brilliantly prepared. Service at sloppy joes was good, but not excellent. The other restaurant/bar is called Bazzies. We went there because they give you a 5 dollar comp ticket at checkin. We ordered breakfast and waited 30 minutes to receive the wrong order. No apologies, just the waiter and waitress blaming each other for the mistake. 20 minutes later, one of the two orders came to us correctly, the other still wrong. We ended up eating one breakfast and got a free OJ. No apology. We decided that anyone could have a bad day so went back the next night for drinks and snacks. Service was equally bad. It took 35 minutes to get our drinks and some chicken wings. On the menu it says they are served with celery. Waitress argues with us and the finally brings celery. We would stay here again, but Bazzies should be called Badzies.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joebo11
There are newer reviews for Bilmar Beach Resort

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The hotel is older, but is well kept and clean. The room we stayed in had two beds but was pretty small. The parking lot is absolutely ridiculous. You will more than likely need to park in their lot across the street.

The beds were comfortable, but it was really noisy. There is an outdoor bar straight across the street from the room in which we stayed. On our last night there, the crowd at the bar kept us awake until after 1:00 am and then the wheels on the housekeeping carts and other guests luggage woke us up around 8:00 am. If you're not looking for a lot of rest, this might not be a problem. However, between the air conditioner and other noises, I just had a really hard time sleeping. We stayed in the Shell building. I have read really good reviews about the Palms building. If I were to ever stay at the Bilmar again (which I doubt) I would stay in the Palms.

The hotel is ocean front and Treasure Island is very pretty, but the beach at this particular spot is probably the widest in the area. It's quite a hike to carry your chairs, coolers, etc. from the hotel to the ocean. We prefer the convenience of short walks from hotel to the ocean. If you don't mind the walk, it shouldn't be a problem.

The location is convenient to John's Pass, Pass-A-Grill, shopping, dining and about whatever you're looking for.

The Sloppy Joe's at this location is really good. Friendly staff and good service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina79
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We only had a quick 2 nights in the area, so I wanted to be sure to get gulf front and on the beach. We booked a Deluxe Gulf Front Studio. When we arrived around later than I'd hoped, but not that late around 7:30 PM, we ended up with the last room in that category and it is among the worst, if not the worst gulf front room at the Bilmar (#246 in the Palms). It does face the gulf, but is directly above Sloppy Joes Restaurant. The front view is obscured since the balcony railing is solid concrete to accommodate Sloppy Joe's roof so if you sit in the chairs on the balcony, you see concrete. If you stand and look right, there is some gulf & beach view and then to the left there is nothing but Sloppy Joes air conditioner unit.

However, the room was very clean and well maintained. The Bilmar location is great, as well as the beach. The staff is friendly and helpful. Our room location was super disappointing., so if you are offered Room 246 in the Palms Building INSIST on another room or an upgrade if at all possible! We would stay there again, but be careful to get what we paid for in a room rate.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TegaBlessed
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband, daughter, and I just decided to take a little beach time for ourselves. We visited the Bilmar and could not have been more pleased. Although the hotel is older, it is well kept and clean. Every single staff member we encountered was SUPER professional, helpful, and friendly. Kids can eat free breakfast at Bazzie's Restaurant and are given a welcome packet which included a frisbee and a Bilmar water bottle. (This delighted my daughter.) We enjoyed both pools by day, and a beautiful sunset in the evening at Sloppy Joe's, a restaurant onsite. There was a Walgreen's walking distance for any item we needed, like swim goggles for my daughter. Once I got home, I realized that I had left an item of clothing in the bathroom. I called and to my surprise the item was being held by house keeping for me. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tanya F
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were married in Treasure Island 6 years ago and stayed at the Bilmar and returned last week. We absolutely love this place! It is clean and the staff is always friendly and courteous. We had a random issue with our tv a couple times and maintaince had to come in and flip the breaker. We enjoyed chatting with them as well.

It is very family friendly but also great for couples. The beach has a bit of a little trek out to the water but well worth it. So pretty!

I would recommend a room in the Palms Tower! Amazing views of the sunset from your balcony! We stayed on the 7th floor and loved it. It is over one of the pools but it never caused an issue for us. It is actually generally pretty quiet at the pool. We stayed 7 nights and it never bothered us. Certain nights there is a live band at Sloppy Joe's nearby, but once again it did not bother us. They close at 10 or 11pm anyway.
Sloppy Joes and Bazzie's offer wonderful food. We had dinner at Sloppy Joe's three times and Bazzie's once. I highly recommend the Sloppy Joe nachos! We also had a good breakfast at Bazzie's. We sat outside during breakfast and the segulls stole my husband's bacon. We thought it was funny and the staff replaced it...just watch out!

I could go on about the Bilmar. The location in Treasure Island is great. There are souvenir shops, a few restaurants, Walgreens, and Publix all within walking distance. We also made a trip to John's Pass every day...it is a short 5 minute trip on Ocean Blvd.

The Bilmar is a must stay!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeachLife29
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed Jun 15th - Jun 21st, the hotel was great! The beach was perfect not crowed! Tons of shops and restaurants in walking distance. The hotel staff was great. The restaurants were great, has shrimp and ravioli at sloppy joes was done just right, it's a local place do you really get a feel of the area !

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Dani T
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had a great time at our last mini vacation for Memorial Day weekend! There is so many things to do, right in the center of everything and the accommodations were wonderful. My family and I will be back soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family