“Fresh, Friendly and Fabulous”

Bilmar Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Malmo, Sweden
“Fresh, Friendly and Fabulous”
Reviewed 31 January 2011

A newly refurbished hotel located on the beach in Treasure Island. On the premises is a small beach restaurant xcellent for breakfast and light lunches, and for the evening there is Sloppy Joe's. The rooms are fresh and equipped with all the amenities you could ask for, a refridgerator, a safe, a microwave oven, iron and ironing board, and a hair dryer in the bathroom. Only complaint from us was that the beds were a bit too soft.

C&C, Malmo, Sweden

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
St. George, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Location is good, right on the beach with a few bars within walking distance. The front desk staff is very pleasant, and helpfull, especially Ciera. Our room was on the 6th floor above Sloppy Joes. Not sure if that would be an issue with noise during busier times. Great view from the balcony. I would not recommend a room on the 3rd floor as your view could be obstructed from the big air conditioner units located on the roof of Sloppy Joes. The room was very clean and well maintained, except for a poor coffee maker and lack of breakfast bowls. Bathroom was clean and recently updated, but the size of a closet.
It met our expectations for a 3 star. The Bilmar Resort as two heated pools & 2 restaurants on site.
In closing, it is not of the "Marriott/Hyatt standard" but as far as 3 stars go.....it's one of the better ones.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this review, 31 January 2011
Dear Tony & Tammy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent visit to Treasure Island and the Bilmar Beach Resort with other travelers. I truly appreciate your compliments about the employees and Ciera in particular. We will take the opportunity from your input to inventory the dish wares in our kitchens and inspect the functions of our coffee makes and other appliances. For your next visit to the Bilmar please inquire about our Gulf Front Efficiencies that provide additional space including a separate vanity/changing space from the bathroom. Many guests enjoy this larger room in the courtyard Beaches building. We look forward to your return.
Sincerely, Clyde Smith – General Manager
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent stay at the Bilmar. My room was gorgeous, the gulf/beach view was great and the staff very friendly and accommodating. The only issue I had was lukewarm bath water every night, which was resolved. I have stayed here a few times and will continue to book here as I feel the rates are fair for the quality.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your generous compliments regarding the staff and accommodations and also for you continued loyalty to the Bilmar Beach Resort. I apologize for the limited hot water you had during your visit and I am glad we were able to rectify it quickly. We had a circulating pump malfunction but have corrected the problem. We look forward to your next visit.
Best Regards, Clyde Smith – General Manager.
Reviewed 26 January 2011

My husband and our family stayed. @ least 4x....we enjoy the Bilmore more each time. The location is great...many excellent restaurants,store, and Publix all within walking distance. However, the most important aspect is the staff@ the Bilmar,professional,friendly,and extreamly caring. Upon arrival on one of our visits my mother was very ill and need prompt medical attention, 911,a staff member from room service stayed with us until the ambulance came on every subsequent visit she remembers us and asks about mom. I give the Bilmar 5 stars

• Stayed April 2010
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My second time here. This time, children with me. This relatively small, independent hotel is located right on the white sandy Treasure Island beach, and has a cafe/bar and restaurant. Staff are friendly and helpful, and the property has a charming rambling quality. It's a great value and relaxing atmosphere. Over the last two decades, the pleasant old family run hotels on this idyllic beachfront have gradually been bulldozed, replaced with generic hotels and condos, many times the cost, and only a fraction of the charm and individuality. Enjoy this experience while it lasts!

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank tedbates
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2011

The staff was very courteous, rooms very clean & comfortable. Great views of the Gulf.
Convenient pool /hot tub location to rooms! The pool sun deck, on the 2nd level was perfect to lounge and play with games. What we loved was the sweet breakfast restaurant beach level/indoor or outdoor and Sloppy Joes restaurant bar/lounge also overlooking the beach,a rare find in this area! Just LOVED the whole experience! We brought our friends and family with us and they LOVED it too.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bigsloppy
new lenox
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Clyde,
We just got home from a 4 day stay at your hotel. The accomodations were nice, your calls to the room showed customer service from you staff like none other. Had a great time..!
Only I have one complaint from the same person on two occasions, one the day of arrival and the other the day of departure. I do not know his name but he is a man who works the hotel desk and who has an accent. He checked us in and what I thought was rude was what he said inspect extra bed in wall, make sure that it has linens because they do not want to be interupted in the late hours of the night. It was the way he said it, very rude!! I would think it would of been his responsibility to check for linens when we reserved a room for 4. Again, it was the way he said it. Then the morning of the 31st when I was checking out a security guard opened the laundry room because I left my room key upstairs. I did not notice the time on the door that it opened at 7. I put in some $$ and saw that I needed two quarters. I went to the desk. The same man said I should not of been using it so early. I apologized and said I put some $$ in the machine. He rudely said "what do you need". Again, it was the way he said it. His problem is he does not know how to talk to guests. I did not deserve to be talked to with that tone. He left a very bad impression with me. Stangely enough, the rest of your staff, including you goes out of your way, more than I have ever noticed from a hotel before, and then you have this jerk of a guy doing the opposite. Thought you might want to know Clyde. I'm sure he has made other guests feel bad that you might not be aware of. It seems he does not like his job and does not want to be botherd by anyone. Other than "him" our stay was very nice. Thank you!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank saprati
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 January 2011
Thank you for staying at the Bilmar Beach Resort during your recent visit to Treasure Island. I appreciate the many positive comments about your experience. Also thank you for sharing the details about your experience with one of the staff members. I sincerely apologize his comments left a negative impression with you. We have discussed the impact our choice of words and tone can have someone’s perception and I believe we will see a positive improvement in future interactions. We are very aware that beautiful rooms and an awesome view are only part of the resort experience. The hospitality of every staff member is where impressions are made and loyal customers are earned.
We look forward to your next visit! Best regards, Clyde Smith – General Manager.