This hotel is fine for the price with great views of the gulf from our top-floor room. Friendly staff, clean, comfortable beds-"fine" is an apt description.
The hotel sits among a seemingly endless string of nondescript hotels/motels that run north and south along the beach, some appearing quite shabby. Frankly, Treasure Island is no treasure and consists of little more than tacky surf shops. Most of the people you encounter are old and tanned beyond recognition.
If you're looking for a younger, hipper crowd, go north to Clearwater beach or south to St. Pete's beach. The hotels there look nicer, though you'll likely pay more.
One lively spot a short walk from the hotel is Sloppy Joe's. It has a great sunet-watching deck and live music on the weekends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Classic Courtyard Style Beach Resort has been a family favorite for generations. Nestled on the beautiful shoreline of the Gulf of Mexico, the Thunderbird Beach Resort is a tropical beach retreat with long stretches of pearly-white sand & sparkling blue waters. Featuring oversized Heated Pool & Hot Tub, Tiki Beach Bar w/ Live Music ,Feola's Italian Ristorante, Sunset Meeting & Banquet Facilities and Private Gulf Front Balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Thunderbird Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Beach Motel
- Thunderbird Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Thunderbird Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida