The ads for this inn Cover the dicrepancy between what you get materially but the filth is not part of the disclaimer nor is the disrepair and lack of hygien and maintanance that I experienced in unit 503. Check your room before you pay the outrageous 200 dollars they are quoting you on the phone. The carpets in the room are not cleaned or vaccummed regularly. I asked for a vaccumm and did my room myself for the 21 days I was stuck in this room. I cleaned all the furniture and washed the blankets and removed the stained spread and put it in a cupboard and told them not to put it back on until I left. The pots are rusty and unusable so I purchased one for cooking but the elements did not work even after being repaired twice. The sheets they provide are well stained and thread bare. Do not look at the box spring stains or under the bed that you can't move to vaccumm or you won't sleep. They did have a bed bug cover on the Mattress but they also inhabit the box spring. My stuff froze for two night on the bus trip home and I don't seem to have any bugs but I washed and dried everything on high. Bring only old throw away clothes with you when you visit. The cupboards smelled of Mildew. The airconditioning is not properly maintained and could cause health problem. I left the patio door open until I left but it did not have a screen on it. The view from the patio at sunset is beautiful and degreaser removes the mildew from some lovely furniture, just as the leather cleaned the nice leather furniture inside, Thank goodness it wasn't fabric or the smell would have been worse. It is definately not the honeymoon suite they say it is, but rather grounds for divorce. The beach is beautiful but not owned by the inn. Pool area is well maintained and bar was handy. Planetall tours, of Sudbury, is planning to stay here again next year so be carefull about booking the 28 day Florida bus tour. I saw at least six other units and only one was worse than mine and they refused to stay in it. The others were equally unclean and I believe the staff is not give sufficient time between clients to clean properly and maintenence staff is busy fixing the unfixable rather than doing important maintance like airconditioning and heating unit cleaning. I saw people leaving after one night to move up the street. If the bugs are present in one unit the whole place needs fumigating and employees beware because you will bring them home. Still scratching but back home and will never book Florida sight unseen again. I gave management a summary of what was needed but they have not responded so renter beware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island Inn Beach Resort, located on the beautiful Gulf Beaches of Tampa Bay is a tropical paradise where you can relax as you watch sailboats gliding across emerald green waters and wind surfers being chased by a warm, tropical island breeze. Lounge by the pool with an ice cold drink from our tiki bar or enjoy a walk on our World Famous Treasure Island Beach! The Island Inn Beach Resort offers something for everyone with a colorful mix of relaxation, fun and recreation, along with a friendly, courteous staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Island Inn Treasure Island, Florida