I spent 6 days in June at #318 (The Shore Thing) with my husband and two kids.They are 7 and 10. We really liked the place and recommend it whether you have kids or not. The views and sunsets are the best. Sitting on the balcony is so relaxing. The place is small but it worked fine for the four of us because you really did not need to be indoors that much when the beach is so nice. And when we did stay indoors we found we had plenty of room to cook and eat our meals, sit and read or play games (they have a bunch of family games at 318) and watch TV, etc. The sofa bed would not be that great for adults but it was fine for our kids and the king bed was really comfortable. One of the things we like was how close we were to the beach so that you are not only on the sand, you are really close to the water. It was quick and easy walk to and carry your stuff,etc. We liked that you did not need to use the elevator because being on floor 3 their were only 2 floors of stairs so you did not have to go walking dripping wet thru the lobby (not that the Island Inn people minded) like you have to if you use the elevator. #318 had beach chairs and also a beach umbrella and sand toys. The outdoor showers were very helpful especially with the kids. The apartment shower was nice too because one of the shower heads is removable and so it was easy to rinse the sand off my kids. We also liked the pool a lot and met many nice people there. The only thing we did not like was cigarette smoking is allowed around the pool. One exciting thing that happened while we were there was we saw 3 manatees in the water when we were paddle boarding. It was a big treat for us and our kids to see them. We hope to come back next summer. I really recommend #318. There is a website ShorethingFloria for this place and iTrip managaes it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Island Inn Beach Resort, located on the beautiful Gulf Beaches of Tampa Bay is a tropical paradise where you can relax as you watch sailboats gliding across emerald green waters and wind surfers being chased by a warm, tropical island breeze. Lounge by the pool with an ice cold drink from our tiki bar or enjoy a walk on our World Famous Treasure Island Beach! The Island Inn Beach Resort offers something for everyone with a colorful mix of relaxation, fun and recreation, along with a friendly, courteous staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Island Inn Treasure Island, Florida