“Front Office saved our vacation!”
Review of Island Inn

Island Inn
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 13 September 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Island Inn over the Labor Day week-end. We rented an efficiency thru a private owner, who had mailed us the room key cards prior to arrival. Upon arrival we checked in with the front desk to get our parking pass. They were very helpful telling us where to park and where not to. We got everything settled in room (this was early a.m.) and went down to beach & pool. When ready to go back to room, I could not find my key card. I had checked and double checked to make sure I had it before we left the room. We went to office and explained situation. Luckily, Vicki had originally checked us in and was still there. She called maintenance and they has master key. And, right there on the floor was my key. It had fallen out of my bag due to my double checking. Normally, when you rent from a private owner, if you loose a key, your kind of out of luck. We would have had to contact the owners who live over an hour away (if they had even been in town over holiday), then would have had to drive to get key and back. Which would have taken up mostly one whole day. Thank you Vicki for saving us a day.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 September 2009

Multiple family members used to spend a week every summer at a 'mini'reunion' here. Our last visit in Aug 09 will be our last. The place has not only gone downhill from a maintenance standpoint, the staff are rude and inconsiderate. When I called and spoke with the manager about this and my being overcharged, I realized, it flows downhill - he was almost as bad. There were several of us overcharged and now I want to send them a bill for the toilet repair my husband had to do since there is no maintenance staff in the evening. Worst vacation experience ever. The only redeeming quality is the bartender at the tiki bar.

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank MargiVT
Reviewed 28 July 2009

The ONLY positive thing I can say about this place was that the beach access was WONDERFUL.

Unfortunately, the front desk staff was rude and not helpful. The rooms (especially the floors) were dirty. There was a cockroach in the restroom, the toilet didnt flush correctly and the sliding glass door to the balcony was impossible to close.

I am a Florida resident and only stayed for 2 nights. I would've been really really upset had I been stuck there for an entire week.

To top it off, they charged us the wrong room rate at the end of the stay and we were told that it couldnt be corrected until the next day. To his credit, the manager did take care of this for us the next day, but the front desk person told us that it was OUR fault they charged us the wrong rate and there was nothing he could do about it until we spoke to the manager.

I would never stay here again and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank pandorra
Reviewed 16 July 2009

For the price ($100/nt.) my wife and I were not expecting much, but the Island Inn had everything we could want. It was a bit dated but the room was large, clean and nicely decorated. There was a full kitchen complete with stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishes, utensils, pots, etc. and access to the BBQ grills outside. The TV had a load of channels and there was even a DVD player. There was an in-room connection for free internet access. The staff was very friendly. Outside on your balcony were chairs and a table where you could chill out and watch the sunset over the ocean. The beach was literally five feet outside the door and was very uncrowded. Up and down Gulf Blvd. were restaurants, bars and shops. A very nice experience!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2009

The room was clean and very, very basic. Great for a low budget, cook your own meals ( in room kitchens and bar-b-que on the beach), wonderful beach vacation. Beach is wide, water is amazing, and you can walk for miles . If cooking is not your idea of a vacation, combine budget priced room with a 1/4 mile or so walk in either direction for great beach front dining -- breakfast through late night snacks. Beach trolley stops at door -- explore every beach from Clearwater to Pasa Grille without a car. If your main concern is a wonderful beach and plan on using the room to shower/sleep only.... this is a perefct place!!! Make sure to bring or rent a beach umbrella!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We have been going to the Island Inn for 5 years now. We knew it for what it was - the rooms could use some updating but the beach, pool, and staff were great. Until this year. They have cut the housekeeping service to every 3 days and if you are lucky you will be asked "do you need anything?" We were there for 3 days before someone asked if we needed service, and she was not thrilled about asking. All I wanted was fresh towels and the trash emptied - she acted as if she was going to collapse from exhaustion. And the kicker -- my husband left his wallet on top of the fridge when we checked out. We returned about an hour later and the maids had been in the room for 5 minutes and it had mysteriously disappeared. Through questioning (by us) it became apparent that one of the ladies had taken it. The management did not even talk to the staff about it as far as we know. The manager was not willing to help us in this matter at all - his only suggestion was that we file a police report. Obviously we know that it was our fault for leaving it but the situation could have been handled much better. We had been coming here and bringing friends/family but we will be looking elsewhere next year.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Was looking for a quiet stay and got it. We are a family with three kids.Stayed at the Bilmar on two previous occasions; nice hotel but was noisy (music from bar area) and beach was a little crowded which is alright if thats what your looking for. At the Island Inn the beach was much closer than at the Bilmar and not crowded at all. Full size refrigerator was a plus. Before our trip I read reviews on several places in T.I. and I have to laugh a little at these people who write real nit-picky reviews of their hotel room. I brought my family to Fla. to experience the ocean, beach, and attractions, not a hotel room. For us its a place to crash and store our stuff. As long as its clean and the staff friendly, I don't care if my towels aren't folded perfectly geometric or the bed spread doesn't match the drapes. If these people wrote a review of the beach, they would complain they got sand in their shoes.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family