“BEST EVER!!!!”
Review of Island Inn

Island Inn
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 4 June 2010

The Island Inn is the best ever! Waking up to the Gulf coast in the morning there is nothing like it in the world. The people who worked there were so nice too. We stayed in a hotel in the keys that was double the price and half the quality. I cant wait to bring my mom and mother in law. They are going to love it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 May 2010

My guy and I stayed at this hotel for two nights in route to the Sanibel area. It was a nice efficiency type room with a view of the bay. We frequented the beach and it was great!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Stayed one night in the smoking room with a King-sized bed. The view of the beach was wonderful, the room was fairly clean and the staff were helpful. I liked that there was a coffee maker, refrigerator and dishes and cups available.

The fan in the bathroom did not work. The room was clean, but not spotless. The floor had a common problem in Florida hotels near the beach, your feet did turn black if you walked barefoot. This is not unexpected in this area.

What was unexpected was seeing an extra $125 charge on my credit card the week after I stayed there. The hotel manager said the bedspead, which he claimed was brand new and used for the first time during my stay there (obviously not true. It was in decent condition, but not new) had been destroyed by cigarette burns.

My friend and I had smoked in the room, we had specifically requested a smoking room. However, we did not smoke in the bed or burn anything. We only smoked on the balcony and in the kitchen area. If something had been burned, we would have noticed. I feel that since we were staying there during spring break, they are charging me for someone else's damages, if they even exist (the comforter had been "thrown away" and was not available for inspection.)

The manager was not willing to discuss waiving or even reducing the charges and in fact acted like he was doing me a big favor for not charging me more. I am not a young person, I am in my mid-40s and have been staying in hotels several times a year since I was 20. Never in my life have I damaged or been charged for damages.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Diamud
Reviewed 31 December 2009

Let me start by saying that I have stayed at Island Inn several times over the last 20 years. Most recently, we traveled there after having been in Orlando for several days. We drove over, late at night, and tried to find a room (it was after 11 p.m.). We stopped at the Residence Inn Marriott and were told that a room with one bed and a couch would be $250. The manager was very nice and suggested we try the Bilmar. We stopped there and found that they had two studios (not adjoining) or a two bedroom. Both options cost at least as much as the Marriott and it appeared by the photos that the room had not been upgraded since 1989. So I thought let's stop by Island Inn and see what is available. The girl at the front desk was very pleasant and actually offered us a discounted rate. We were able to get two adjoining rooms with exactly the combination of beds we needed and were pleasantly surprised to find newly updated rooms. Each gulf front studio has a kitchenette, a nice bathroom and has its own balcony on the gulf. Each studio is individually owned so you aren't going to get a cookie cutter hotel room. We stayed in 208 and 209 and both were beautifully decorated. The beach in front of the hotel is wonderful, the outdoor pool is great and there are two volleyball nets if you are interested. The new Publix is about 6 blocks north. I would recommend Island Inn over and over again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2009

My sisters and I travel every summer to Island Inn for a girls get-a-way week. We have been doing this for the past five years and will continue to stay here.

It is exactaly what we are looking for - a quite place to stay on the beach. You do have the sunset beach about a five minute walk down the beach, they have a restaurant and a live band that plays every night. The music has always been great. To the right is about an eight minute walk to The Bilmar - which has a band playing outside in the early evening. Also every Sunday evening the locals come out on the beach with musical instruments and they perform and get the tourist involved in playing them. My sisters just love this, we always make sure we are there on a Sunday night. This takes place in front of the Bilmar Hotel.

But all around Island Inn is nothing but beautiful beaches and great sunsets. I have found the rooms to be neat and clean. I have a cleaning business and I have not noticed anything being dirty. My business is on Angies List and I notice things that most people don't see.

If you want quiet - Island Inn is not the place for you. Terry Black the Asst. General Manager is wonderful. We always look forward to seeing him. The new Manager has alot to learn. Last summer when we arrived, I asked her if they had a discount for loyal customers, she almost laughed at me! I was told by the employee when I made my reservations that I could get one. She said there was no such thing. But, by the end of the week, I realized that she is a nice woman, but she needs to work on making the guest feel welcomed.

All in all, we love island inn and will always stay there.

jennifer herron

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank meteor7
Reviewed 12 December 2009

I just wanted to say that I have stayed in the same unit on the beach 4-5 times now, most recently in October. I have never been disappointed with #518. The room is always really clean. It's updated with tile floors and newer furniture. I am surprised to read some of these other reviews that say their rooms weren't clean. I would leave to go to the beach each morning leaving my own mess & come back in the afternoon to a sparkling clean room. Gotta love that.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank madwomyn
Reviewed 12 November 2009

This was our second time staying at the Island Inn. Obviously not the classiest place in the area, but the beach is nice so you can over look what I would consider average rooms. Here's the scoop folks. First off let me say that I have stayed in motels hundreds of times and its always the same procedure. Check your photo ID and slide your credit card through. Not at the Island Inn apparently. When we checked in I was standing were I could not see into the little room next to the check in area, but my wife could. When I handed her my credit card and drivers license she walk into that side room. I took it for granted that she ran my card and then came back to give me back my credit card and license. My wife was standing were she could see in that area and watched this girl run a photo copy of my credit card and drivers license. I think anyone that has ever checked in to a motel knows that the credit card is swiped in the machine and only the last four numbers show up on the receipt and then your photo ID is looked at and handed back to you, not copied. I have some knowledge of identity theft scams and I'll tell you that running a photo copy of your ID and credit card is the number one scam. You may find this very interesting. After this all happened we asked if they had lawn chairs in the room and we were told they didn't, but we could rent them. We told the girl we would needed two chairs. She ended up having to leave the front desk to get our chairs, so I thought I'd run a little test on these people and check to see for what possible purpose they could possibly have for running the photo copies of my info. Like I said my wife seen her run the copy and when she left to get our chairs my wife told me the copy was on the other side of the counter under the normal check in paperwork. So when the girl walked away I reached over the counter and took the photo copy and put it in my pocket. When the girl came back with our chairs, we left to go to our room. OK lets think about this for a minute. We are checked in and in our room, plus they have my cell phone number and license plate number. As soon as this girl would have picked up the normal paper work that was covering the photo copy she would have had to realize that it was missing. Does anyone else think that if this was a document that they truly needed for room rental that they would have came to our room or called me on my cell phone to let me know that they needed this. We heard nothing and when we checked out the next morning I was handed a receipt and we went on our way. I honestly believe that thanks to my wife's heads up we may have been saved a lot of problems. I'm going to contact the manager, but I'm fully expecting to be blown off. When we left Island Inn that day we wrote down the names of other places in the area so I'm sure we will be trying something new next year. By the way I totally agree with a previous writer about the Tiki bar. It's really nice and Rick is a great guy and his prices are very fair.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple