“Great Greens”

Bloomingdale Golfers Club
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Valrico
More attraction details
Owner description: Meandering through a natural setting of 100-year-old oaks, stately pines and shimmering ponds, this 18-hole championship design has been consistently ranked among Florida's top 10 golf courses.
Tampa, Florida, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Greens”
Reviewed 17 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Wow! Super fast greens. Very good conditions at this course, as always. Staff is great. Can't wait to get back there!

Visited November 2013

Tampa, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A little long in the tooth”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Club was once a class act, but lately it's lonely on the links. Plays like an average public course. No marshalls out there, but at least a snack truck comes by once in a while. Just ok if your usual course has some temp problem.

Visited November 2013
Valrico, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Nice Golf Course”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Play here often with friends. Challenging course but not too hard. Friendly staff & reasonably priced.

Visited October 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“They are only intersted in MONEY”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This course is only interested in how many people they can get on the course. They overbook tee times and will start people on the back in front of you. Don't be fooled by the web site, this course hasn't been rated as a top course in almost 20 years. No ranger, so people will do whatever they want. And Greg the Manager is the worst. He will tell you anything to get you out on the course, and then doesn't care if they pack people in by putting them out in front of you. And the course is really minimally kept up, no new sand in, well, I don't remember the last time they put new sand in, you will see some grass growing. And they wont tell you if they plug the greens, it will be a surprise at full price. Too many other good courses, so stay away.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank LBTampa
Brandon, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“PGA Professional who will never play there again!!!!”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

If you read their wedsite it states "Bloomingdale Golfers Club has been voted Tampa Bay‘s #1 Golf Course 10 years in a row and will certainly retain top billing with the addition of new Champion Turf greens. Why a "Golfers Club?” We don't have swimming, tennis nor a gym. What we have is a world-class golf course backed with service from people who know and love the game." What they failed to tell you is the Bloomingdale Golfers Club has not been ranked in the top 10. The course is in desperate need of some maintenance. They are right they do not have a swimming pool nor tennis or gym but they do an unprofessional staff who is in desperate need of some hospitality training. When I walked into the pro shop with a buddy the individual behind the counter had no idea I had been standing there for a few minutes because he was to busy texting. When he finally put down his phone took my green's fee and gave me a cart key. He then again answered a few text messages before attending to my buddy who was standing next to me. So we headed to the first tee only to find two groups waiting to tee off with a single in the fairway and a foursome on the green. We finally tee'd off at 12:47pm. It was a long and painful front nine. It took us 3 hours and 20 minutes. When we made the turn we noticed a foursome ahead of us. They told me the shop told them they could go off the 10th hole. I realized the pro shop is ONLY interested in collecting your money. I informed them we just made the turn and there are players behind us. They refused to move so I headed into the pro shop. I had a short conversation with the assistant pro and he walked out with me only to tell the guy putting carts away to see what the hold up is on the 10th hole. WOW.. We made it to the 16th tee at 6:21pm. It was to dark to golf so we headed in. I have NEVER disrespected a golf course in my 32 years in the business but I would be doing an injustice to a golfer who was interested in playing this course.. STAY AWAY!!!!!

Visited February 2013