“Great find!”
Review of Kon Tiki Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Venice
Kon Tiki Motel
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting venice for the first time and needed a pet friendly hotel. This hidden motel is great. Close to everything and clean. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. We will definitely come back. Oh and not to mention how adorable it is.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Darlene C
There are newer reviews for Kon Tiki Motel

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My nephew and I went shark teeth hunting at Caspersen Beach and needed an overnight place to stay. Kon-Tiki had very good reviews on here (TripAdvisor) so decided to stay there. Well...it was even BETTER than expected! When we walked into the room even my 15 yr. old nephew said "Wow". The room was so big and it was an efficiency with frig, 2-burner stove top, coffee maker,and microwave. The room was very pretty too with vaulted wood ceilings and nice & clean. It had a large sliding glass door that led to a patio area. I was really impressed. Oh, and it was a close drive to the beach. I would DEFINITELY stay here again! According to their brochure in the lobby they have 11 rooms and all of them are inefficiencies. I paid a total of $77 and change - That is an awesome deal! One thing that I noticed (but I didn't let it deter me), the lobby smelled like cigarette smoke - But my room did NOT at all. (Sorry about the blurry pictures, but I wanted to show the room)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank gottagocampin
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Everything is great about this place, except its weird immediate surroundings: it's backed right up against a boat dealership's huge boathouse. (And what's wrong with that? Nothing at all, really. No noise, no bother. It's just weird.) Our efficiency room was spacious and comfortable, with a nice airy feeling. We really enjoyed being right on the Venice Waterway Park trails, with a nice, two-mile walk straight down to a public beach on the Gulf. The motel was pin-drop quiet (at least while we were there), in surroundings that we found quite peace, even with the nearby drawbridge and municipal airport.

Room Tip: This is a very small place, so be sure to ask if you have requirements like one vs. two beds.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jon B
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was a very good place for us to stay. It is like a home away from home with nice sized room, bathroom, and kitchenette. The outside was very pretty with nice plants and I like the Christmas lights along the walkway. The pool looked very nice but it was a bit cold for February.

The room looked like it was cared for and made to look attractive. I did find a couple of problems. The stove did not get hot when some of the buttons were pushed, and got warm with others. The spare pillows were pretty dusty and husband thought the whole room was dusty after smelling them. You can easily fix this problem with a plastic wrap around them

I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank debkr67
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We have been coming from Kentucky to this area for twelve years . Our stay has been from two to four weeks . This is our first stay on Venice island , we has been staying on Casey Key. We are very pleased with our room , very clean and priced right. We are not on the beach or close but we are next to the inter coastal. We are bicyclist and are right next to the bike trail, we row out our bicycles and start riding. Today 73 degrees. Carl is a great host, give him a call. GPS , 1485 Tamiami Trail , Venice, Fl.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick E
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

We have been coming here for 15 years. Very clean. The style is a bit old fashioned but rooms are large with high wooden ceilings. The onsite managers keep everything immaculate. Kitchen in room is perfect. Grill outside. Pool was empty while we were there and we felt like we owned the place. Very private. Kids enjoy watching the planes coming in for landing and the drawbridge and boats floating by. On intercoastal so can fish. Short drive to beautiful caspersan beach. We bring our boat and boat ramp is close by. Rooms are quiet. Would recommend this little motel over a more expensive option. Not very fancy but laid back and relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank jillbozz
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I noticed there were a lot of men staying in groups here that were working in construction or whatever. I didnt' feel comfortable going out to the pool with all those men in there. I was traveling with my son and his friend. I liked the place, but will not stay there again as long as they rent to long term workers. Made me a little uneasy.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family