“The Chandeliers”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
“The Chandeliers”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We are visiting Florida and riding around. We turn onto Venice Avenue taking the sites in and the first thing I see are the chandeliers in Upper Crust. I did not see the restaurant title. I told my husband he had to stop! I just knew the good would be good! It did not disappoint!!! It's dainty and delicious! The scones are magnificent-fresh blueberries oozing out and served with Devonshire cream. They are big enough to share. I had the fluffy light blueberry pancakes and my husband had the salmon hash. It's small so you will have to get there early. You can judge a restaurant by it's chandeliers!

Sarasota, Florida
“Upper Crust Brekkie”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The Upper Crust is a great place.
I had breakfast there yesterday and have eaten there on numerous occasions.
Yesterday I had Banana Bread and bacon.
Yummy!!
I've had lunch there as well and again this is good.
It's ALWAYS busy ..... A good sign of course and the location is great if you sit outside and 'people watch'
During Snow Bird season it's BONKERS busy and so often you will not get a seat unless you wait ...... and wait ........ and wait.
Patience is a virtue ...... rarely found in Bob I'm afraid.
Well worth a visit.
Enjoy!!

• Visited March 2014
Ship Bottom, New Jersey
“Outstanding Old School Bakery”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The baked goods here are some of the best. The Coconut Cake is in a league of it's own. Great staff, excellent prices. Top Shelf.

Visited February 2014
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“OOOH what a bakery.”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

You will always see a line of some size at this little bakery on Venice Ave. You can smell the good scents as you approach and you can salivate looking into the window. There bakeries and desserts are not only scrumptious-looking, they are delectable and memorable treats. Get the scones (blueberry) or a piece of pie and have one of the sweetest treats ever. Only open mornings into early afternoon.

• Visited March 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Upper Crust Cafe & Bakery”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We went to the Upper Crust on Tuesday, on the recommendation of friends. What a charming place. The food was great and beautifully presented. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the hostess, called Lynn, who went out of her way to accommodate us.
We would go again and tell our friends.

• Visited April 2014