“Great coffee!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Port Orchard, Washington
“Great coffee!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I ate breakfast there this morning. I have been to this place several other times over several years but do not live in Venice.
I tried a different type item, crab cakes benedict. Actually it was pretty good. The crab cakes were good, the eggs were cooked nicely, and I enjoyed the frest fruit side. My coffee cup was kept filled. The coffee was excellent: fresh and full bodied.
The ambiance is very low key and pleasant. The service was very good. My server even asked if I wanted coffee or water re-fills to go!
The food was good. I thought the food was good the previous times I had stopped here. My meal, with coffee, was $11.18.
I expect to stop again to eat at this restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank watravelinggal

Venice, Florida
“A step back in time”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A visiting friend and I dined in on a Friday afternoon and we both had the caramelized onion flatbread which was very tasty and quite a large portion for an appetizer. The restaurant is quaint and surrounded with tidbits of old English atmosphere. The wait staff was very attentive and did not rush our meal. I asked them when they closed and was told 2 pm and while we lingered until about 2:30 they were in no hurry for us to leave. We took home scones, magic bars and chocolate filled canolies. They were very good and we enjoyed them immensely at breakfast the next morning with our coffee.

• Visited June 2014
Houston, Texas
“Lovely cafe!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

After a morning of vintage shopping - my friend and I stopped in for a meal. Loved my drinks, food and dessert! My friend and I had been there recently for lunch, she ordered the superb pineapple chicken and I had the egg salad sandwich. Delicious! To end the meal I ordered the strawberry shortcake- OMG! it was built for two or three people. Definitely save room for dessert- this former tea room should not be missed!

Visited June 2014
St. Johns, Florida
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We just went this morning and not only was the service not the best, the food was disappointing. I expected better based on the reviews but was down on my luck because the mushrooms in the omelet were bad, the crab cake Benedict was bland. Irritated since I am on vacation and wanted a yummy breakfast. Oh well, I'll
Never go back. I would check out other places instead. The French bakery a few doors down was awesome. Go there and spend your money. They were nicer too

2 Thank TinaLay
Venice, Florida
“Uppity Crust is crummy”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have really tried to like this place but time after time I have been disappointed by the poor service, the poor attitude of the servers, and the scones, which are dry and tasteless. Given the high price of the items, one should expect better.
The setting is lovely, and the bakery items look oh, so good but this place is below average.
Upper Crust is very busy in season, probably because there aren't options nearby. Don't be fooled...

• Visited February 2014