“Good food; disappointed in service”

Upper Crust Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 15 Dessert in Venice
Price range: US$7 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was at Upper Crust with family recently and sat outside after going inside and being directed outside. It was very warm that day, and with the cars parking right next to where the outside tables are, it was quite toasty. It took a while to be served. We had to go inside to ask for more iced tea and water. I would never go there again if I wanted to split an item, as there was a $1.00 per person split charge. We only did this because we wanted to order desserts. There are plenty of other restaurants in town that allow you to split a meal without a fee. Just my opinion. The food is very good, however, and I love their scones.

There are newer reviews for Upper Crust Cafe & Bakery

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I ate breakfast there this morning. I have been to this place several other times over several years but do not live in Venice.
I tried a different type item, crab cakes benedict. Actually it was pretty good. The crab cakes were good, the eggs were cooked nicely, and I enjoyed the frest fruit side. My coffee cup was kept filled. The coffee was excellent: fresh and full bodied.
The ambiance is very low key and pleasant. The service was very good. My server even asked if I wanted coffee or water re-fills to go!
The food was good. I thought the food was good the previous times I had stopped here. My meal, with coffee, was $11.18.
I expect to stop again to eat at this restaurant.

1  Thank watravelinggal
Reviewed 22 June 2014

A visiting friend and I dined in on a Friday afternoon and we both had the caramelized onion flatbread which was very tasty and quite a large portion for an appetizer. The restaurant is quaint and surrounded with tidbits of old English atmosphere. The wait staff was very attentive and did not rush our meal. I asked them when they closed and was told 2 pm and while we lingered until about 2:30 they were in no hurry for us to leave. We took home scones, magic bars and chocolate filled canolies. They were very good and we enjoyed them immensely at breakfast the next morning with our coffee.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

After a morning of vintage shopping - my friend and I stopped in for a meal. Loved my drinks, food and dessert! My friend and I had been there recently for lunch, she ordered the superb pineapple chicken and I had the egg salad sandwich. Delicious! To end the meal I ordered the strawberry shortcake- OMG! it was built for two or three people. Definitely save room for dessert- this former tea room should not be missed!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We just went this morning and not only was the service not the best, the food was disappointing. I expected better based on the reviews but was down on my luck because the mushrooms in the omelet were bad, the crab cake Benedict was bland. Irritated since I am on vacation and wanted a yummy breakfast. Oh well, I'll
Never go back. I would check out other places instead. The French bakery a few doors down was awesome. Go there and spend your money. They were nicer too

2  Thank TinaLay