“My kids say "Don't call it a hotel"! It's more like home.”
Review of Inn at the Beach

Inn at the Beach
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Venice
LAKE MARY
“My kids say "Don't call it a hotel"! It's more like home.”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I've got pretty high standards when it comes to travel. I try to keep an open mind but I like staying in nice places. We normally do the "resort" thing but I decided my family needed something different. WE HAD THE BEST TIME!!!!!! Relaxing, comfortable, friendly, calm and peaceful. That's just a few words that sum up Inn at the Beach. My kids loved it and so did my hubby. Free WiFi, free water, free breakfast (simple but good) and towels to use. After paying $3.50 for bottled water in a resort in Marco Island I was very happy to get free water. lol It's the simple things in life. I think the ONLY negative thing I could say is that the pool is small. But honestly we spent our whole weekend on the beach across the street. My kids had the best time hunting for shark teeth and sea glass. There is a cute little place to get lunch right off the beach. I could go on and on. Being in Venice is a little like going back in time (20 years). Beautiful place. Hope we can go back soon.

Room Tip: Try to stay up front (facing the beach). Really pretty.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MOMMAROCKS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Largo, Florida, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The room was kind of small, so was the shower stall, with very little water pressure. but the bed was super comfy, and the view was awesome... We arrived before our room was ready to check in, so the office staff took our cell phone # and said we could go & use the pool or go down to the beach and they would call us when the room was ready, they even give you towels for the pool or beach. For this being the Shark-tooth capital we did not find any, but upon checking out the office staff gave us a few sharks teeth so that made my daughter happy ; )

Room Tip: If you want the beach view I would suggest you try and get the 2nd floor, we had the bottom floor an...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheri D
North Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was my second stay with my family at this hotel. It does not look like much from the outside but is very clean, comfortable and close to the beach. The rooms are great for families and my kids love the pool and breakfast (nothing fancy but works!). I would recommend this to anyone looking for a family beach vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
sherrills ford
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Made reservations here as it was highly recommended on TripAdvisor and now I know why !!! Quaint hotel, beautifully renovated, welcoming staff, clean rooms, directly across from the beach and a wonderful little park with a walking trail !!
The owners did a fantastic job with upgrades. The windows were all covered with Plantation Shutters, the bathroom had a great little addition of floor lighting under the vanity, the rooms are comfy and some even have balconys. Great pool and hot tub and they even offer chairs and unbrellas for the beach. They also provide treats in the lobby all day, perfect for that late night craving.
Don't pass this wonderful treasure up, you won't be sorry :)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank rayney
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2012

While it looks pretty basic from the exterior, the rooms are comfortable, very clean, and the service is outstanding. Its location - across the street from Venice Beach - is a big plus. Breakfast isn't anything to write home about, but it gets the job done. What we liked most was the friendly staff, especially Tim. It was a great base for our long weekend, and we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RsR24
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Excellant place to stay .clean and friendly.close to beach beautiful

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Ctg1967
Titusville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Just arrived home from our 3 day stay at Inn at the Beach in Venice. Everything was amazing! They have the nicest staff who are very caring, helpful and personable. Continental breakfast was included and my daughter was the first one down each morning. Beach/pool towels were provided as well as the sifters for hunting for infamous shark teeth across the street on the beaches...and with no luck, Tim slipped a small bag between our towels just to make sure my girls "found" a few. Rooms were beautiful and immaculate!.....I could rave on and on! I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel! Last weekend we stayed at a very elegant resort hotel on International Drive in Orlando and by far this hotel was much more to our liking in every way possible. I cannot wait for a return trip to Inn at the Beach! Thanks to everyone there for making our weekend an unforgettable one!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jcamp02
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
#8 of 13 in Venice
Tropical Beach Resorts
Tropical Beach Resorts
#3 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!