“THE Place to stay in Venice!”
Review of Inn at the Beach

Inn at the Beach
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place has it all! From everything you need for a day on the beach, delicious goodies for breakfast, amazing location, and extremely pleasant and helpful staff.
Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. We got one with a kitchenette and it was just what we were looking for.
If you want to be anywhere near Venice Beach, this is the place to go! They even gave us a gizmo to help us in finding those famous shark teeth - a must do when you go.
All in all, just outstanding. We are going back very soon, and may not have considered it without this amazing hotel!

Room Tip: Lots of different types to choose from. Do not pay extra for "beach view", can't rea...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,382)

Reviewed 26 May 2013

My neighbor has been raving about Venice Florida for years and when she decided to get married in the area, she sent me a list of her preferred places to stay. After looking at her list and checking out all the recommended places, I chose Inn at the Beach (her personal #1 choice). As a single traveler, it is extremely important that I stay someplace that is safe with a good reputation for customer service. Inn a the Beach far exceeded my expectations. The check in process was easy and the front desk person was very helpful (even "apologizing" for "having to upgrade" me to a suite). I found the room to be spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. The suite had a full kitchen, a suitable dining area, and a comfortable living room. The bedroom was spacious and the bathroom was room with a separate shower stall and tub. Bottled water was delivered each day to the room and was also available on ice in the lobby. the beach is located directly across the street and the Inn has beach towels, chairs and umbrellas for guests to use at no cost. I had never been to this area of Florida before, and the front desk staff were wonderful about answering questions about how to get around, where to eat, etc. As I was checking out, I mentioned that I don't swim, and therefore was not able to find the shark's teeth that the beach is known for. I said that I was disappointed because I promised my grandchildren that I would bring some to them. The front desk woman pulled out a bag of shark's teeth and said "Go ahead, help yourself. I have plenty." So sweet.

Venice is a beautiful area with wonderful shops, restaurants and a great beach. I will definitely be making this a regular spot to visit and Inn at the Beach will be my destination hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Rockette19
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I recently stayed at this gem of a hotel for a vacation with my boyfriend. I had always wanted to go to Venice to find some sharks teeth and after a Chicago winter, we decided it was the right time to go.
I have to admit that I was skeptical of Inn at the Beach at first. I am a self proclaimed chain hotel lover because I like knowing what to expect and I have had a few bad run ins with privately owned hotels so I wasn't expecting much from IATB. HOWEVER, I was so pleasantly surprised by this hotel that I can't wait to return! First off, the staff is so friendly and accommodating. They checked us in quickly and offered us beach chairs and sifters for beach days. They answered questions efficiently and took the time to address possible needs, like the fact that they keep free bottled water and snacks out all day for the guests in the lobby which was great because it was 90+ degrees every day we were there!
I am somebody that loves to travel and travels often so I have stayed in some fancy and nice hotel rooms but IATB goes down as one of my absolute favorites due to the cute décor and the spacious rooms with amenities. Fridges, microwaves, coffeemakers and tvs all worked perfectly. The room was clean and obviously the hotel goes out of their way to keep things looking nice and fresh. And the landscaping?! Beautiful and obviously a high priority! I enjoyed the flowers and trees as much as the room! And the location couldn't be better! Right across from the beach and just down the street from the shops and restaurants!
Due to my skepticism, we had only booked one night but quickly knew we'd be staying another so when we went to book the second night they had already reserved it since it joined to another room. No problem! They upgraded us free of added charges and gave us a room with a porch! Also, in between moving rooms, I had noticed we had forgotten a few items in the last room. My boyfriend went to retrieve them and as he was just leaving the room, the staff was already on their way to our room with our items in hand! Very thankful that she took the time to locate us immediately!
The pool and hot tub was great! The pool is nicely heated (I hate being cold!) and there's plenty of chairs to lay out on. The hot tub was great and both were thoroughly cleaned in the morning.
I really can't say enough nice things about our stay! Both my boyfriend and I had a great time and spoke many times about making Venice a repeat vacation destination and becoming repeat guests at IATB!

Room Tip: If you're skiddish of the local lizards, you might want to request a room on the second level. W...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharkbait97
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We take each of our grandchildren on a "Great-11-Year-Old-Adventure"...a highly recommended endeavor! This year, our W. knew he had to go to the Annual Shark Tooth festival in Venice, Florida. We rented a 2 bedroom suite at the Inn at the Beach and it was the perfect choice. Our accommodations were clean and spacious. We had a livingroom and kitchen in addition to 2 bedrooms and two baths. Continental breakfast was served daily and the proprietors were friendly and informative. We were right across the street from Venice beach and the Inn had beach towels, chairs and even shark tooth gathering nets available free to guests. Staying at the Inn was such a pleasant experience for a family vacation.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This will be the first of our visits to the most enjoyable time spent at an Inn. It was not only clean but beautiful. The staff & I mean all of them went above & beyond to make our stay the most pleasurable we have ever had. The food was exceptional & drinks & snacks were always on hand. The ocean view & sunsets were the best!! We walked to downtown Venice to enjoy the nightlife & came back for a great swim in their beautiful pool. I have already told my friends & family what a gem my daughter-in-law found. She gave us a terrific time and we are so grateful!!
Elroy & Joan

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are great!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This is accross the street from the Venice beach. The people here go out of the way to make you happy. Very clean and comforable, with nice breakfast. We walked the beach in the morning.
We didn't use the pool, but I saw they put out towels for the guest on each chair.

Room Tip: Higher floor has a better view. Each room has a few chairs outside to enjoy the weather. The park w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My wife and daughter needed a place to stay close to Sarasota. Going online I stumbled across the Inn at the Beach and after reading the reviews on tripadvisor I called and spoke to someone at the front desk. She was engaging, polite and I made the reservation not really knowing what to expect. They just returned from the quick trip down (for a tennis tournament) and said what an awesome place this was and that the next time the whole family needs to go. Easy access to the beach...everything was top quality but not stuffy at all. The perfect Florida beach inn. Can't wait to take everyone down next time!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Randy W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
Best Western Plus Ambassador Suites Venice
Island Sun Inn
Island Sun Inn
#8 of 13 in Venice

Been to Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!