“Great Fathers Day Weekend Getaway”
Review of Inn at the Beach

Inn at the Beach
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Had a wonderful fathers day weekend with my daughter. I always wanted to stay here. It is so quiet and friendly at the end of Venice Ave and so close to the beach which has a wonderful family feel of itself. Quiet Quiet Quiet on sunday morning with fresh bagels and pastries not from a box or frozen in a refrigerator. The place is small for breakfast but you can go outside by the pool or back to your room. Room was clean, beds good and TV Flat Screen. You can park all day at the hotel or drive a quarter of a mile to the free beach parking lot. Downtown is also wonderful with plenty of places to eat and drink and shop. Got the shark tooth scoopers from the staff too for shark tooth hunting. Wil be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PalmHarborEddie

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Room was so darling, so coastal. Full size frig, kitchenette, just was laid out so well for two women traveling together. and two real closets! Loved it and the location to the beach! I will stay there again soon! Very courteous staff and beautiful grounds. Wanted to stay longer!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The Inn is an excellent place to stay, when visiting Venice. Our room was small, (although there are larger rooms and suites available.) but well appointed and very comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was a quick and easy way to start the day, if you want to get a early start at the beach. Beach is just across the street, and also an easy walk to downtown. Sand chairs, towels, and shark took rakes are available at the desk. Really enjoyed our time there.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you rather not carry bags up the steps (only two floors), arrange for a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dryfly0618
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel is very conveniently located to the beach. The best part was the staff. Also, the breakfast was great! I loved how they leave out the pastries all day until they are gone. Also, there is an endless supply of bottled water.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room cleaning people did a great job and were also friendly.
The room we had #113 was nothing special but it met our needs. The in room AC unit is pretty loud, especially at night when trying to sleep and it keeps kicking on and off. I sleep with earplugs though so it really wasn't that big of a deal.
The pool is small but good for kids. Also the hot tub is right there and was very nice. There were always towels at the pool. The pool and bathroom at the pool were nice and clean.
I felt it was a bit pricey (around $150 a night) but I don't know what the other places nearby offer as far as price and service. As I said, the service was exceptional and so was the location.
It's just a 10 minute walk to the shopping district and maybe 15 minutes to the Jetty.
I'd recommend this place and would stay here again. It's a great place to hang for a few days or a week.

Room Tip: If you can afford the bigger rooms, go for that!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jay H
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The Inn at the Beach was a lovely surprise. We were driving down the west coast and decided to make an unscheduled stop in Venice for the day. Had no idea of where to stay but happened to see this hotel right across from the beach. It looked so welcoming and convenient that we hoped they had availability. They were booked for the type of room we needed but offered us an upgrade and even allowed us to check in early in the day. Their front desk personnel were so friendly and very helpful. The room was great; very clean, plenty of fluffy towels, comfortable bed, all the room amenities of a much larger hotel. They even have a stash of chairs, beach towels and unbrellas for the use of their guests. The pool and jacuzzi areas had a tropical feel and the beach was right across the street. Fishing was permitted right from the beach or from many surrounding areas.What more could you want? The continental breakfast was great and snacks were even available during the day. The bottled water they provided came in great to take with us to the beach. The downtown area, with lots of shops and restaurants, was maybe a mile or two down the road. We particularly enjoyed "Made in Italy" with their authentic Italian pizza and entrees. We had such a great time we stayed an extra day! It was truly a great find and although we'd never been to Venice before, we are definitely coming back and will stay at the Inn at the Beach again soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beachlovingsenior
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place has it all! From everything you need for a day on the beach, delicious goodies for breakfast, amazing location, and extremely pleasant and helpful staff.
Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. We got one with a kitchenette and it was just what we were looking for.
If you want to be anywhere near Venice Beach, this is the place to go! They even gave us a gizmo to help us in finding those famous shark teeth - a must do when you go.
All in all, just outstanding. We are going back very soon, and may not have considered it without this amazing hotel!

Room Tip: Lots of different types to choose from. Do not pay extra for "beach view", can't rea...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

My neighbor has been raving about Venice Florida for years and when she decided to get married in the area, she sent me a list of her preferred places to stay. After looking at her list and checking out all the recommended places, I chose Inn at the Beach (her personal #1 choice). As a single traveler, it is extremely important that I stay someplace that is safe with a good reputation for customer service. Inn a the Beach far exceeded my expectations. The check in process was easy and the front desk person was very helpful (even "apologizing" for "having to upgrade" me to a suite). I found the room to be spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. The suite had a full kitchen, a suitable dining area, and a comfortable living room. The bedroom was spacious and the bathroom was room with a separate shower stall and tub. Bottled water was delivered each day to the room and was also available on ice in the lobby. the beach is located directly across the street and the Inn has beach towels, chairs and umbrellas for guests to use at no cost. I had never been to this area of Florida before, and the front desk staff were wonderful about answering questions about how to get around, where to eat, etc. As I was checking out, I mentioned that I don't swim, and therefore was not able to find the shark's teeth that the beach is known for. I said that I was disappointed because I promised my grandchildren that I would bring some to them. The front desk woman pulled out a bag of shark's teeth and said "Go ahead, help yourself. I have plenty." So sweet.

Venice is a beautiful area with wonderful shops, restaurants and a great beach. I will definitely be making this a regular spot to visit and Inn at the Beach will be my destination hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Rockette19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
#8 of 13 in Venice
Tropical Beach Resorts
Tropical Beach Resorts
#3 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!