“Great Place to Stay”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Florida
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed 4 November 2008

It's not very often that a hotel surpasses your expectations but the Inn at the Beach did just that. It was such a pleasant place, the grounds were well-kept and the rooms very clean. Even the jacuzzi was hot. Plus, the staff were all very friendly. I would highly recommend it.

• Liked — Clean, great staff, good location
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank roarkst

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Rockwood, TN
Reviewed 4 November 2008

My teenage son and I had a perfect trip! We had planned on going back to Tampa or Clearwater and a friend recommended Venice Beach. I'm SO glad we listened. I had done some research on the internet about Inn at the Beach but was still a little skeptical. I decided to just wait and take my chances at getting a reservation. We drove down and when we entered the city I was very impressed, so clean and pretty. We drove on down to the beach and there was the Inn.....BEAUTIFUL. The lobby was inviting and the staff was very friendly. Our room was perfect! The decor was sort of Floridian/Caribbean colors. The flat panel TV was a pleasant surprise. The sheets and bedding are top quality, very comfortable. The continental breakfast was good, including cereal, juices, coffee, yogurt and fresh pastries. The beach is across the street and is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. This beach was not over populated with tourist so it was very relaxing. I'm already planning to return next year to my new FAVORITE vacation spot.

• Liked — The beds
  • Disliked — Would maybe like something hot on the breakfast bar
  • Stayed October 2008
1 Thank char862
Scotland
Reviewed 13 October 2008

great motel
exactly what all the reviews had said
staff really friendly
great location
beach all of 50 meters away
excellent included buffet breakfast
rooms spotless

• Liked — location and friendly staff
  • Disliked — good 10 minutes walk to restaurants
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dexmarr
Leeds Uk
Reviewed 4 October 2008

myself and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel in september for 2 nights. we were doing a fly and drive of the gulf coast and i have to say this was the most comfortable bed we stayed in all holiday!
the hotel is lovely, right next to the beach, pool is also nice though we did feel like we were in the car park but cant really complain!
lovely breakfast, on the first morning we went for a walk and got breakfast out and on the second morning had the hotel breakfast which was a much better choice!
we loved this hotel but did feel we were a little young for venice as we were told the avergage age of a venice resident is 80+! had a great time though and would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JaredLeedsUk
near Cincy, Ohio
Reviewed 1 September 2008

I needed a hotel close to my aunt in Venice and also close to the beach for my daughter since we were sharing a car and I wanted her to have something to do while I chatted with my aunt. AAA found this Inn, and I was impressed with what I found on the Inn's Website. Upon arrival, I was totally impressed. The location is fantastic; the rooms, clean and updated and spacious; the service, superb.

The Inn is across from the publiuc access to the beach and a few blocks from a specialty shops. Great restaurants - local ones - are close by. I highly suggest the Crow's Nest! A superb place where the locals go- upscale and worth it!

The room has a spacious bed and an outer room with a sleeper sofa. The bath was spacious and clean. The bedroom also had a sink and that was very convenient. There was a small kitchen area although we did not use it. A table with chairs for eating and conversing was great. Parking was easy. A heated pool provided nice relaxation. Continental breakfast was cereal, yogurt, breads, etc. Laundry facilities are vailable for longer stays. I later discovered that a dear friend has visited this Inn each year for many years and has also been extremely happy with it!

• Liked — The location!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank El024
Arlington, TX
Reviewed 28 August 2008

My family stayed at Inn At The Beach while visiting my parents in Venice. The hotel staff were very attentive and helpful. Even the housekeepers would ask when the best time to come would be since I have small children that may be napping.

What a wonderful experience we had...I would highly recommend to to anyone!

• Liked — Attentive staff, proximity to beach
  • Disliked — Parking could be difficult
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Surrey UK
Reviewed 20 August 2008

We stayed at the Inn at the Beach this July/August and totally loved it. The apartment we had (2 bedrooms) were immaculate, and cleaned daily by friendly staff.
The beds are really comfortable, queen size, with new cotton sheets. The bathrooms (x 2) were large and clean. The living room had a sofa bed which one of our daughters used, and it proved to be very comfortable. The kitchen area is clean, fully equipped and has a large fridge. Bottles of water were provided free of charge each day. Breakfast is served in the reception area - this is a self serve continental style breakfast, with fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, yoghurts, pastries etc and fresh coffee and fruit juices. There is a (small) swimming pool with jacuzi which again were immaculate. It is a short stroll across the road to the wonderful beach at Venice, a beautiful part of the coast. The staff at the Inn are lovely - they could not be more helpful or friendly and I hugely recommend this to anyone thinking of going to Venice - or even to the West coast of Florida. It is quieter than other nearby places but much more 'real', non-touristy and totally chilled. This Inn is a discovery I can't wait to re-visit and I urge you to go.

Stayed July 2008
2 Thank JamieSurreyUK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
#8 of 13 in Venice
Sunshine Motel
Sunshine Motel
#5 of 13 in Venice

Been to Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!