“Scamotz!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We had a group of 12 people they wanted pizza for supper after a day at Manasota Beach. We took them to Luna, 1 hour wait. also a crowd at Taste of Italy. We drove past Scamotz and I remembered an article about them and thought they had pizza. I ran in to check and they apologized for not being able to seat our group together (it is a small restaurant) but quickly got us all seated and got our orders in! Everyone, children included, said their pizza choice was the BEST pizza they had ever eaten! And I agree! Our friends came back the next week and insisted on a repeat visit, with different pizza choices made and all of us were again very pleased! Our waiter both times, Matthew, well we can't say enough nice things about him! We will definitely be permanent customers of this restaurant! They also have a very nice outside seating area, were they ripen their tomatoes and grow their herbs!

2  Thank lindadiane50

Reviewed 7 April 2013

I hesitate to write this review because as a local, I would like to be able to continue to get a table. But this is definitely one of the best restaurants in town. The pizza is different than I've had anywhere else so if you're coming here for the first time, you need to have an open mind. Order one of the specialty pizzas off the menu instead of just getting what you would get at a normal pizza place. And definitely get a salad. The fresh mozzarella alone is worth it. The prices are fair for the quality of product. The service is great. I eat here every time my family comes into town and can't wait to go back next time.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We have eaten here a couple of times and find the food very good. Salads are wonderful with fresh makings. But it's very pricey.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Couldn't wait to try this pizza, but despite the supposed quality of ingredients (according to the cashier) the only thing that impressed us were the large chunks of mushrooms. One large & two small pizzas --take-out--were over $80. The assembled pizza eaters all mourned the fact that we didn't order from their favorite pizzerias! So wanted to love this place, but will never go back. Not one of 8 adults (20+ thru 80) thought it was pizza they would ever order.

1  Thank drglassgolf
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant while visiting the area. It was recommended as a good choice and it was amazing. Probably the best pizza I've ever had.
Only issue is we had to go back home to Canada and now wait until we visit the area again!