“Back Eddy Bistro ...... Welllll ...... It was OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Back Eddy Bistro - CLOSED

Back Eddy Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota, Florida
“Back Eddy Bistro ...... Welllll ...... It was OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've had lunch here and dinner.
Food is OK I suppose but VERY expensive for what it is and what you get.
Sandwiches seem to be about $3-$4 more than the same thing elsewhere.
Certainly when you compare it to Blu Island Bistro and places like that ..... Generally I feel the food elsewhere is better, cheaper and a larger portion than here.
The staff seem a little distracted ...... sort of busy but not dealing with it so well.
Main Courses are also dearer and smaller in size.
The food is good, let's be clear on that but the feel of the place doesn't make you want to hang around too long. I think it's an atmosphere thing.
The last time I was there they had a guitarist there and the poor chap ..... who was quite good seemed to be flogging a dead horse in terms of entertaining the customers, who seemed to not applaud and if they did ..... it was in a very half hearted way.
I felt if you clapped ...... someone would throw you a fish! (Sea-lion esk lol)
Anyhoo ...... Won't be going back there in a hurry, but wouldn't say I'd NEVER go again.
It's just that there are better places in this area in terms of atmosphere, staff and food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Robert W

ft lauderdale
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great bartender, I think his name was Rusty...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

In from Ft Laud was recommended by the local gas station attendant . Glad we went the bartender very attentive and suggestive with the menu, we had Chx Marsala it was very good served with a wonderful smile. I will definitely be back to try some more dishes, hopefully Russ will be taken care of us!!!

1 Thank MikaFtLauderdale
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Great hidden restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Found this restaurant on line and took a chance. Very small, cute place not on a main street. Very popular and very busy when we arrived about 6:30 pm. No reservation yet they managed to seat us. Fabulous service - very friendly (Ashley) and I love when you ask their opinion between two dishes and they really speak highly of one and tell you why (not a sales pitch). The potato pancake and lux was great as an appetizer and the duck was fabulous. Even better - dessert. A chocolate cake (special) that is one of the best I have ever had. It is the type I like - dense, not fluffy. Great choices on the menu all around.

1 Thank Terry B
Venice, Florida
“Well-prepared, quality food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Back Eddy Bistro is always consistent offering well-prepared quality food and is a good go-to restaurant in Venice, FL.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank LMEPLM
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great good, lovely ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Have eaten here twice recently. The surroundings in the main restaurant are ok but the bar is lovely and the food superb. Our last meal yesterday was at the bar. Russ was our bartender. He was lovely. Very attentive but also chatty and helpful. Gave us great tips on things to do in the area. The menu is lovely a I had a fantastic steak. Beautifully cooked with crispy delicate onion rings on the side. Nice wine menu. Very reasonably priced. Would definitely go back and highly recommend.

1 Thank Jane G