“Another good Sonny's meal”
Review of Sonny’s BBQ

Sonny’s BBQ
Ranked #151 of 246 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We enjoy eating at Sonny's when we travel thoughout Florida. Our meal here was no exception. We enjoyed the salad bar, pulled pork sandwiches, and the "Sweet Carolina" pork sandwich. Everything was good but our server was exceptionally nice - I love being called "ma'am". :)

Thanks for another great BBQ dinner!

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

hillsborocane, thank you for the great review. We're glad to hear that you enjoy our Sweet Carolina pork sandwich and service from our team. We appreciate your support and look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Sonny’s BBQ

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I order two chicken dinners after along day at work, my husband said Sonny's sounds good we haven't eaten there in years, Know I know why, I paid 25.00 for two dinners that I had to throw away, the chicken was so dry my dog would not even eat it and the same with the potato, so I called to complain to the manager but he was not available, what a waste of money I almost feel sick, to think I could have order quality food like Outback or Bonefish. I will never go back again.....

1  Thank poshonpalm
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This place was fabulous and I wish we had some up North! Our server was awesome and I wish I could remember his name! I can't wait to come to Venice/Sarasota again so I can enjoy another dinner there. This was a great way to celebrate my birthday!

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Jennifer B, thank you for the great review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our southern hospitality and BBQ for your birthday! We appreciate your support and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We arrived for dinner & ordered baby back ribs (around 5:30 pm).They ran out of baby back ribs (are you kidding me) Had St Louis ribs they were overcooked & dry. Left disgusted. On another note our server was great!

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Penysfrmhvn, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy our baby back ribs and did not enjoy our St. Louis ribs. Please let us help! Send us an email at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with these details, including the location, so that we can address these issues with our staff. We would appreciate your help and hope that you can give us another chance!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We arrived shortly before 4 pm and made our choices from their lunch menu. The menu had many selections for our visit and the food was very good and the bonus of the visit was a nice senior discount.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Jan S, thank you for your great review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our BBQ and took advantage of our lunch menu. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!