“They HAVE gotten MUCH better!”

The Sand Trap Sports Bar and Grill
Ranked #42 of 243 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Bar, Asian, Thai, Pub, American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Venice
“They HAVE gotten MUCH better!”
Reviewed 25 March 2010

1st time we went there it was 8:00PM. The Waitress said "we close at 9. You can sit and order but we close at 9." We left. A few weeks later we went back for lunch. They had changed their hours to closing at 10PM. Lunch was very good. We went back for a late (8:00PM) dinner. Good service, good food, no rush. Matt, the Chef, came out to talk and make sure everything was OK. The Popcorn Shrimp Wrap was VERY good! I'll go back there, often!

2 Thank Colibri2

Venice Florida
“New restaurant that is already popular”
Reviewed 7 March 2010

So far I have not been at all disappointed with the Sand Trap. Unique in that there is a Thai menu and American menu. I have been ordering the Thai food and loved it every time, but those big beautiful sandwiches that keep coming out of the kitchen look delicious too. We got take out of Pad Thai that served me two meals, and the Thai dumplings are wonderful. I have also had the spring rolls which were delicate, fresh and tasty. This is a perfect place to go when not everyone in the party wants Thai because there is a choice. They serve wine and beer, and all I can say, try this place. I hope you like it as we have. I'm hearing good recommendations from my friends too.

1 Thank keukahappy