“This Time We Ate in the Kitchen”
Review of Suncoast Cafe

Suncoast Cafe
Ranked #3 of 252 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Suncoast Cafe in Venice, FL offers a place where you can dine comfortably and enjoy an amazing view. Breakfast is served ALL DAY on Sunday, and until 11am every other day. Join us for a dining experience like no other!
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Usually the views from the Suncoast Cafe are enough to keep your attention--it is after all right on the tarmac of the Venice Airport, and the corporate jets load and refuel just out front. Millions of dollars of aircraft surround the building and as I say--there's lots to see,

But on Sunday we got there with the 9:30 church crowd, and so the only seats for my wife and me were at the counter--which divides the kitchen from the dining room. Our view was a ballet of waitresses and cooks making the breakfasts and handling the "special" orders. Between us, my wife and I have probably worked in a dozen restaurants, although most of that was while we were in college until recently when we started volunteering as cooks at a Coast Guard station and also our local church.

But compared with the professional routines we watched that morning, we still have tons to learn. I can honestly say we were impressed, and happy with our food. If you have a grandkid to impress, this is a great spot--show him or her the jet planes--but check out the routine in the kitchen, the food is good and it's worth your attention to see how it's made.

Julie H, Owner at Suncoast Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

It may not be a tarmac view, but it sure is fun to watch the kitchen, isn't it? We're glad you got a different perspective on our restaurant last time. Next time you want more than just some tasty food, come watch the planes and enjoy some breakfast with us!

Hope to see you soon,
Chef Tony & Deb

Reviewed 12 May 2014

A regular customer recommended it to me a few days ago. He actually recommended a few places in Venice, so far ALL GOOD PLACES. Small place, but nice view of the runway. This time I couldn’t sit on the tables facing the runway because I was a hurry so didn’t want to wait; so we sat on the Bar/Counter and we were able to see the whole (cooking and preparing the food) operation since it is OPEN. It is nice to see firsthand how much work goes into your plate. Nice to see too they don’t “re-heat old food”. It did not take long considering the place was full and they do all the cooking and preparation at the moment you order. Chef/Owner took the time to interact with us too which is nice and he was attentive all the time to the customers’ reaction to his food, which tell me....it is important to him to make you happy. Missed the Cuban Sandwich this time; but I would try it next time. We only had breakfast. Prices and Portions are fair. Hope they read the reviews and improve whatever has to be improved (according to some comments here, even though it was not my experience). I guess there is always room for improvement. And keep the good work on the other things they do well.

1  Thank 419milan
Reviewed 10 May 2014

At the Venice Airport, the best kept secret is rapidly spreading by word of mouth. Everything on the breakfast and lunch menu is good and reasonably priced, but the chef claims to make the Worlds best Cuban sandwich and he is right. Just ask the pilots that fly in from Miami to bring them back.

1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We live here in Venice and previous visits here have been for the breakfast menu, which is usually excellent. However, we arrived today for lunch and we were both disappointed by the food quality which was only average at best. We both had the sliders and, very surprisingly, the crab cake was not good at all and it tasted bitter. Tea was poor as well and tasted like the water used wasnt boiled properly first. Cuban beans were ordered and cuban rice arrived instead ? Not impressed today Tony, sorry.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We flew in to have lunch w my sister, met here at this convenient café attached to Suncoast FBO. it has a small hometown diner décor and feel when we walked in. Shawna was our waitress and the service, smiles and interaction was the BEST. I tasted the best chili I have ever eaten and split a delicious Cuban w my wife. But the homemade potato chips were absolutely the BEST I have ever eaten, and we make our own back in Orlando!!! Many kudos, I will be back!!!

1  Thank OrlandoJohn