“Amazing Find!”

Ranked #2 of 242 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Suncoast Cafe in Venice, FL offers a place where you can dine comfortably and enjoy an amazing view. Breakfast is served ALL DAY on Sunday, and until 11am every other day. Join us for a dining experience like no other!
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Amazing Find!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was out driving around with a colleague trying to find somewhere to eat. We stopped at 2 other popular spots just to drive away because we were sick of the same thing. I decided to go here as I am an aviation enthusiast and love food, so it was a perfect combination! I am so glad we stopped. The food was absolutely amazing. The service was incredible. I couldn't believe that this little gem was here and I have never been. I got the St Lucian Sliders, which consists of 1 Bacon Cheeseburger Slider, 1 Jerk Chicken Slider and 1 Crab Cake Slider. I chose sweet potato fries and fried plantains as my sides. The authentic Caribbean influence was obvious as the flavors were spot on to everything I have eaten across the Caribbean. My colleague ordered the Chili Cheeseburger and has yet to stop talking about how amazing it was. I tried the chili, and it was awesome! This coming from someone who does not care for beans in chili. I would eat this chili everyday. The server, Shawna, was outstanding! She was quick and very friendly. She made the visit memorable and pleasant. All said, this is one of the best restaurants I have been to in my years in the area. I will be frequenting this establishment most likely on a weekly basis.

• Visited June 2014
Deb D, Owner at Suncoast Cafe, responded to this review, 18 May 2015
We are so glad that you and your wife came back to visit with us! It definitely can be a show to see the kitchen staff work their way around each other in such a small space. With all of the prepping of fresh ingredients and meals made as they are ordered, there is certainly much to watch. Make sure you give the soup a try! Chef Tony makes it in house from scratch daily.

Bloomfield, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best lucian chef”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

you want a great egg and luncheon meat sandwich....do stop by.....
Don't know what to say about the cocoa tea and cuban sandwiches but... tres bon......very very good.....

mucho excellente!!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2014
Venice, Florida, United States
“Best Spot in Venice”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have visited this spot many times. Atmosphere, view and staff are the best. Great Coffee, Great Eggs and Great toast for a great breakfast.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank RJ N
Julie H, Owner at Suncoast Cafe, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Great coffee, eggs and toast? Sounds like the perfect breakfast to us, RJ! Thanks for taking the time to share your review with us on TripAdvisor. Next time you want a great view with your breakfast, you know where to find us.

Take care,
Deb and Tony
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My home away from home”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is where I had breakfast every morning. The caribbean style cooking is fantastic. The Cuban sandwich is the best I ever had. The most friendliest staff and excellent service. Come check it out and meet chef tony. You won't regret it.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Miladmark
Julie H, Owner at Suncoast Cafe, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Wow! We're thrilled that our Cuban Sandwich was your favorite you've ever tried. Thanks so much for sharing your kind words with us. You may just have to plan a return trip to come have another sandwich and see us again!

Until then,
Chef Tony & Deb
Castries, St. Lucia
“real caribbean food in florida!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

been there on many occasions,had breakfast,lunch,dinner.the works.Chef tony and his employees are very polite felt at home there will do it again next time i go back to florida...a home away from home that's how i felt.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank billyelizee
Julie H, Owner at Suncoast Cafe, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
All of our customers are like family to us, Billy! We're glad we can be your home away from home. Can't wait to see you again on your next trip to Florida.

Until then,