“Great Takeout for Catering Large Gatherings”

Ping's Ichiban Steak House
Ranked #142 of 248 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We recently ordered takeout from Ping’s for a large gathering (36). We where able to put together a well rounded menu with seven different dishes. They were very helpful with requests such as adding more shrimp with the stirred fried vegetable dish. Their estimate for quantities was right on. When we picked up the food everything was boxed, labeled and hot. I was especially pleased with the fried noodle appetizers, selection of sauces and fortune cookies which I didn’t expect. The food was delicious and many wanted to know who the caterer was. Thank you Ping’s for a special occasio

1  Thank WayneinVenice

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Pretty good Chinese food, a step ahead of any other Chinese restaurant in Venice. No Peking duck, but a varied menu otherwise. Nice folk run it. Never seems busy, too bad. It's a little out of the way.

1  Thank bigguy1
Reviewed 13 November 2013

First time patron to this spacious, simply appointed restaurant in the city where I live. Owned by Chinese, it's been in business for eleven years. The menu is quite elaborate and offers something for every taste. I chose the shrimp with Chinese vegetables and steamed rice. It also came with a choice of soup (I chose wonton) and a spring roll. I had a Kirin Ichiban beer to drink. The service was excellent and the dinner tasted very fresh and was quite ample. I plan to be back to try something different.

2  Thank Karl B
Reviewed 12 July 2013

If you're ever in Venice or just in the Sarasota county part of Florida, eat at this incredible restaurant! The chef is a Master at making great sushi as well as great chinese food. I highly Highly recommend this place (in Venice, Florida) to Everyone!!

7  Thank WatsonWu
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We noticed this unpretentious restaurant, just off highway 75 . All I can say is the food is tasty, fresh and extremely reasonable .