“I gave them another chance”
Review of Blu' Island Bistro

Blu' Island Bistro
Ranked #6 of 252 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A local hot spot where everyone knows your name! Chef/Owner Alan Laskowski, Culinary Institute of America Alumunus delivers a gourmet twist on everyday favorites. Chef Alan won the local Iron Chef, Best of Philadelphia, People's Choice Award and many more. From meat lovers to vegetarians, and the gluten free, we have something for everyone. Comfortable and chic, just a few blocks away from the beautiful gulf of mexico. Located conveniently on the Island of Venice, one block south of Venice Hospital, attached to the Island Sun Inn Hotel. Breakfast/Lunch 6 days with breakfast all day that give the word creative all new meaning. Restaurant, Private Parties, Catering, Private Party Room.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

After being so disappointed , I spoke to many people and they encouraged me to go back to the restaurant and try again. I am happy to report that the food was excellent, the servers were attentive and the experience was great. I will not hesitate to recommend this eatery to others. Our server was named Nicole and she was a delight. She didn't get upset when it took us quite a long time to decide what we wanted. She was very helpful in telling us about the menu. It was a great breakfast and a much better experience this time. I am truly pleased that I tried again.

1  Thank Tzeporah
alan l, Owner at Blu' Island Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you so much for coming back and trying us again! I am pleased you were happy with your experience and our staff. Thanks so much for writing a review, and we hope to see you again.

Chef/Owner Alan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,176)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Ok, we had a heads up here from Trip Advisor, but needed to prove it to ourselves! We have lived here for 11 years......so embarrassed it took this long to enjoy a wonderful, delicious and innovative breakfast at this unique, inviting, and friendly place! Yes people it is quite true! A great place and we cannot wait to return for dinner! We went for breakfast.........a delight! Our wait person, truly a gifted young woman, Nicole........very pleasant,excellent service, and a beautiful smile, was patient as we could not decide, everything looked delicious (sure they all were !) but we could not make up our minds. Eventually we decided, on the special omelette.........a buffalo chicken surprise with cheddar cheese and a special sauce........the special omelette of the day! It was great! Tasty, came with a choice of meats, bacon or sausage, and toast , or fruit......we decided on the sausage ( links) and we shared this, but my husband also wanted to try the special Banana French Toast........yummy, with fresh sliced bananas, and maple syrup. WE thought we would share both items, it was too much to share, although I did take a couple of bites of his, and vice versa! We loved what we had and brought home the extras! Thank you Blu Island Bistro!! Will share the experience with our friends/clients/family! Great place. We also cannot wait to return for dinner, and got a copy of the menu......very innovative, sounds delicious, cannot wait to try the diver scallops, with cucumber dill salsa! Or the Mahi blackened, with pineapple mango salsa! Or the Grouper with fresh tomato concasse, basil and crispy garlic chips! The lobster crab cake also sounds divine, as do the other rather eclectic selections, including buffalo tenderloin, duck breast, and pheasant! Will have a difficult time deciding again! We went as a couple, were thinking it would be a great place to visit with family (grandkids, or kids) and friends....There is indoor seating ( we did this as my husband cannot tolerate Florida sun/heat) and there is also outside pleasant seating....the furnishings are quirky, but cute, environment clean, it has a cute "florida feeling" not modern, not new, but still inviting and pleasant........the value is excellent, the price on the money.... reasonable not overly pricey but for the food we received, generous!! Not a scenic place, but the restaurant experience is cozy!! Not sure about the late night/brunch/ (although I think they may offer this) or the delivery experience, but I would imagine delivery is possible, although eating there is a great experience, and I would opt for that!! We love supporting local unique and special places! Venice has so much to offer, and this is a great place!! GO THERE!!! Thank you Blu!!

alan l, Owner at Blu' Island Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Caspersengirl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience! Love how detailed you are, and I think you have won our "unofficial" trip advisor award for an awesome review!!! It is truly appreciated-by myself and the whole staff (we post all our reviews for the staff to read.) Please say hello next time youre in, we must put a face with this review :)

Chef/Owner Alan

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Always great food....they went out their way to welcome us. We always feel special here. Love this place! Great wait staff...great chef...Kim is always cheerful

Mike,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty :) It means so much to us to have great "regulars" like yourself! We're so pleased you feel welcomed by the staff everytime you come in.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write-truly appreciated.

Chef/Owner Alan and Kim

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Well I've had breakfast, lunch and dinner here.
Breakfast was great, lunch was good, but OMG ...... DINNER.
Heavens!
Fantastic! The menu is varied with some VERY interesting dishes on it including Elk, Boar, Buffalo and has fantastic fish dishes too.
My meal at dinner was out of this world.
One compliant ...... They are only open for dinner Fri and Sat and you best book too.
The staff are fantastic, service was great and like I say ....... The food was amazing.
It's not cheap ....... but then again compared to the prices of OTHER restaurants in the area selling food, it's not dear either and is superb.
I think if I was able to eat dinner at this place all week ..... I would.

Robert,

Thank you for the fabulous review, and all the visits you have made to dine with us! It is truly appreciated, not only by me, but my staff as well. Please pop your head in the kitchen and ask for me next time youre in!

Thanks again for taking the time to write us a review,
Chef/Owner Alan Laskowski

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Went to the Bistro with a group of 16 women this morning.Everyone said they thoroughly enjoyed their meal. They did an excellent job serving all of us.We had just made the reservation at 10:30 this morning for an 11:30 seating,(it was such short notice). We were so pleased with our meals that one of the women asked if we could see the chef. He came out and all 16 gave him a round of applause.We will certainly come back. The food is amazing.You really should try it , you will not be disappointed.

ManyHats53,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We absolutely enjoyed your ladies group and very pleased everyone was happy! Thanks so much for the applause-it completely made my day :) Hope to see you again soon!

Chef/Owner Alan Laskowski