“Great Little Italian Place”
Review of Amore's

Amore's
Ranked #95 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Found a great little (20-25? seats) Italian place in a little strip mall on the northbound side of Rt 41 (Tamiami Trail South). Clean, cozy, unpretentious. We had the eggplant parm (done just right) and baked ravioli (mmm, meat filled). Salads were ample, fresh but coulda used a pepperoncini or something to spice it up a bit but the fresh, warm, mini-loaf of homemade, cheesey-crust bread was terrific. Service was fine; we had some house wines that were better than average. Next time we'll try the good looking wine list. And there will be a next time because DC (dining companion) saw the spaceship sized pizzas done in many combos which at least half the patrons had on their tables. Again I say- follow the locals to their fave places which is how we found an easily-overlooked Amore's.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Amore's has good pizza and garlic knots. I was not impressed with their baked lasagna. Hardly any cheese and loaded with sauce to make it look like you were getting a lot. Some layers were noodle on noodle. My husband ordered meat ravioli and got 4 meat and 2 cheese. He can't eat cheese. We told the waitress and all she said was she was sorry. He was not offered more meat ravioli or a discount on his meal. The only reason I am not leaving a poor review is because the pizza is good.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Fist time customer. I ordered two x-large pizzas one with pineapple toppings and one with onion. The pizzas are HUGH . My total price was $ 50.13. When I got home I notice that I could hardly see the extra toppings. The slices are Hugh and on each slice we counted 5 pieces of pineapple and six small slices of onions. I was disappointed that I could not even taste the toppings because they were so sparse. I felt like I was eating a regular cheese pizza .The pizza itself cost 20.00 so they charge a pretty penny to add a topping but give you very little. If I go back I will just order a cheese pizza no toppings.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stopped in to this small pizzeria after a referral from a friend. Pizza arrived (after 45 minutes) overcooked. We were seated in the rear of the restaurant and unfortunately witnessed the 'less than hygienic' practices of the main server who was eating a sandwich in between serving all the tables- no handwashing, etc. yikes. When we asked for a box for the 1/2 of the pizza we didn't eat, she brought it to the table and then picked up each piece with her hands (again no gloves) and put them in the box. we left it there.
Pizza is overpriced for quality of the experience. There was a long line of folks ordering carry out. Maybe they were luckier! Somebody, call the county health department.

1  Thank rurtrv
Reviewed 31 December 2013

While on vacation I notice this cute little place tucked away in the corner of a small strip mall. I thought what the heck, lets try it. HOLY CRAP BATMAN !!!. In the 4 weeks we were here we must have stopped and ate here 8 times. I first started with a slice, and fell in luv. Then we cam back a couple days later and tried a meal. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. These guys brought a recipe down from New York, I think. Its all in the sauce people and these guys have the best. I tried the Calzone, absolutely the best I have every had. This is not a huge place, only 8 tables. get there early cause you will have to wait. You know what they say, go to a place where there is a waiting line. There is a reason for it. Look out guys next year, I'm camping out there. Thanks.......