“Un petit trésor”
Review of Le Petit Bistrot - CLOSED

Le Petit Bistrot
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: French Cuisine. Breakfast, Lunch And Dinnermonday To Friday: 11:00am To 3:00pm And 5:30pm To 9:00pm Saturday And Sunday: 9:am To 3:00pm And 5:30pm To 9:00pm
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were in Venice for five days, and ate a light lunch here three times -- the crêpes are great (I went back for the Canadian Buck, with salmon, sour cream, and artichoke hearts), the vinaigrette on the salad has an authentic hint of Dijon mustard, and the waitstaff was friendly and helpful. The crêpes are an excellent value.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a small nice restaurant with a very nice menu. It is over priced although the food mostly is very good. My husband and I both ordered fois gras appetizer at $20 each. One of them was so undercooked, it looked like melted liver. It was replaced and we were told that they had a trainee chef. The other was better but cold centers. The portions were small for a $20 appetizer. Our entrees (duck confit and a special duck breast) were delicious. They have an extensive crepe dessert menu and the crepes are excellent.

They need to work on service. Our table requested bottled water and the server said he didn't know if they had any. I left my knife and fork on my appetizer plate and was told to keep it since they didn't have more silverware. There were 8 or 10 people in the restaurant.

1  Thank capemaylover46569
Reviewed 17 February 2014

What a disappointment. Valentines dinner was ruined by rude staff, poor service, and very very sad food. We arrived at 7 pm for our reservation. We were promptly seated. I am not sure how to describe the next 3 hrs except slow torture. Never again!!

2  Thank SSWJR1
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We are ex-montrealers and have enjoyed French cooking at its best. Le Petit is charming and the owner usually greets you. We had the tenderloin with Peppercorn/cognac sauce. Steaks were tender, sauce was a bit overbearing… a bit too salty..mention this. The Potatoes were some sort of a loaf-style which was cold and not very tasty, the spinach soufflé was unremarkable at best. But the biggest failure was the presentation. On white plates, no garnish, the presentation was at best bland… most un-appetizing. Good wine selection, but in a French restaurant, it should be.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

It was cold in tbe bistro. The salad had no taste. The meat sauce on my fish did not taste good. I sent it back but was not offered any other entrée or even a dessert.
My fiance had beef tenderloin which was good but the rest of the meal was not. He had planned a special night for us but it was a very expensive bad time.

1  Thank Sharon s