“Very Nice!”
Review of Humphris Park

Humphris Park
Ranked #13 of 62 things to do in Venice
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is one of my husband's and my favorite places to visit and we do so frequently. It is very busy during season, but is much quieter off season. It is relaxing to watch the water in the Gulf and between the Jetties. We still get excited seeing the dolphins and and manatees. Watching the pelicans and other sea birds is fun, too! Seeing the boats that come and go is interesting, too! We come here at all different times of the day. Sunsets here are indeed beautiful. So are the days when it is stormy or windy. Just one of the many beautiful and enjoyable places in Venice.

1  Thank Tianna8

Reviewed 4 March 2014

amazing sunsets. You can see the dolphins jumping around sunset time. The parking is kinda cramped but still a great time.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

As other reviews have said, this is a great place to watch the sunset. Other than that the only activity is fishing. It is a little out of the way and you have to park in a dirt lot. There are just lots of other places to watch the sunset that offer much more.

2  Thank Calistyle24
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great meeting place especially in the evening to watch the sunsets, see dolphins and occasional manatee. You can also get views of surfers at both Nokomis. Car park can get really busy as they also use it for the overflow from the Crow's Nest so get there early.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Since moving to Florida, this is one of my favorite places to visit (out of season). It is the perfect place to watch the beautiful sunsets! There hasn't been a time that I have gone there, where I hadn't seen a dolphin or manatee (and they come up pretty darn close). You can also sit and watch the boats come in and out.

It is a great fishing spot! I have the most luck with shrimp which you can actually purchase right down the road.

Yes, there are a lot of dips in the parking lot, but I kind of expect it when the parking lot is made of sand. Which brings me to this point. If you like to watch storms, I love going to the Jetty when there are heavy winds and rain. I do recommend going in a truck though, because its hard to drive through the parking lot in a car when the holes are filled up with water.

There is a small little restaurant there that I have never eaten at because it is never open when I go. Looks like a little hotdog and hamburger joint.

The reason I did'nt give it five stars was because of the limited parking during season and the rats that crawl on the rocks when we were doing late night fishing (scared the heck out of me).