“Best coffee and service”

Black Gold Coffee Roasters
Ranked #2 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Venice
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a coffee shop that roasts our own coffee in store. We specialize in micro estate and direct trade coffee. We also serve coffee drinks, tea, etc. in store and togo. We also have homemade baked goods and light sandwiches, salads and soup.
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Every year I visit Black Gold with my Mum (a resident) and enjoy excellent coffee, friendly service and really clean surroundings. I look forward to my trips and especially the Pumpkin Latte! Zucchini bread is also delicious!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Gary and his staff are professional and friendly. We try to go as often as we can and always buy their freshly roasted beans for home brewing. We have been customers for three years and are delighted that we have such a wonderful coffee house close to home. Their chocolate macaroons are to die for and their breakfast sandwiches are delicious.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Nice selection of organic coffees and teas. The coffee doesn't have the burnt flavor that Starbucks sometimes has. You can buy whole beans or have them ground for your particular type of coffee maker. The staff are great; attentive and friendly. The breakfast and lunch selections are limited but nice, with fresh ingredients.

Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Great local coffee roaster with an excellent reputation among coffee lovers.
I enjoy the honey latte my boyfriend has ordered the various darker roasted coffees, both of us have been very pleased each time we've visited.
So much better quality than Starbucks & especially better than Dunkin' Donuts, you deserve to treat yourself to a really good, relaxing cup of coffee.
I'm hoping enough people in the community support this business, both the coffee and the service are top notch.
There are just a few muffins, scones & biscotti to go with your coffee, but are all recommended.
They also serve lunch as well as chocolates.
Try it!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Brand new customer who will not go anywhere else but here, now that I know they are there.

Staff/Service: I have never met a friendlier staff than the staff here. They are so welcoming and so knowledgeable about the business and their products. They aren't afraid to talk with you or make recommendations. I have been to numerous places where depending on who makes your drink, depends on how your drink will taste. So far, I have had three different people make my drink (Iced Caramel Latte) for me and it tastes exactly the same every time. (Its the taste of perfection)

Food: I have yet to try the delicious looking truffles they have beautifully displayed. I also have yet to try any other of their fresh baked goodies, though can't see any of it tasting bad.

Value: I spend less money for my drink here than I do at the OLD place I went to. I am spending less but getting a better product, this makes me very happy. The espresso doesn't taste burnt or reheated like it does from most places I went in the past.

Atmosphere: with such a friendly staff, the atmosphere can't be bad. The place itself is clean with some outdoor and indoor seating. They play nice music which isn't blasting. The only thing blasting in there is the beautiful aroma of fresh coffee beans (not over powering...best smell ever)

To sum it all up: I LOVE this place and will not go anywhere else for my afternoon pick-me-up.