“Over-priced Donuts”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Whenever it is my rotation for on-call, I buy a dozen of Yummies donuts for our staff meeting. The price I have paid over the last two years has ranged from $8.50 to $10.50, until recently when the price skyrocketed to $18. After rooting for additional money, the staff laughed at me, perhaps from the look of shock on my face. I have shared my experience with my colleagues, my wife (who shared the experience with fellow teachers), and my children who also shared the experience with those they work with, all of whom are highly respected community members. We are all in agreement not to patronize Yummies in the future. And although we empathize with Yummies’ struggle with cost of product to make the donuts, our salaries can never compete with the ever-rising cost of Yummies’ donuts. It seems Yummies is developing into a business for only the elite.

2  Thank Rann D
Yummies D, Owner at Yummies Donuts & BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

We are so very sorry that the price of our donuts did not meet the value you expected to receive. Each donut is hand rolled, hand cut, added to the fryer in small batches, hand filled and/or decorated. As a small family business, we work tirelessly to give our customers the best possible products, with the best possible ingredients. Being a small business, in a very small place, we do not have large buying power for our ingredients such as flour, sugar, butter, vanilla or eggs. Also, food costs have skyrocketed in the last few years. We choose not to pump our products with chemicals, additives or preservative. What doesn't sell each day, becomes waste. We do our very best to give our customers a great product, at the best price we can. We also expect our employees to offer good customer service. We will coach everyone again about respecting our customers. Once again, we are sorry that you did not feel you received a great donut or service for the price you paid. We are saddened that you will not be back.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was less than impressed. The prices were high and the donuts seemed to be old. I thought maybe I just got a bad batch, but was just as disappointed when I went back a second time. I won't be returning.

1  Thank Liz J
Yummies D, Owner at Yummies Donuts & BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

We are so very sorry that the price of our donuts did not meet the value you expected to receive. Each donut is hand rolled, hand cut, added to the fryer in small batches, hand filled and/or decorated. Food cost keep going. Our LP gas to run our fryers almost tripled because of the LP demand up north. We choose not to pump our products with chemicals, additives or preservative. What doesn't sell becomes waste each day. In our small place, we have to try to keep our donuts away from the air condition vents so that the donuts don't dry out but we have to keep the air condition low so the icings don't melt. We continually rotate our racks of donuts. We work very to give our customers a great product, at the best price we can. We are so sorry that you did not feel you received a great donut or service for the price you paid. We would love the opportunity to make you a happy Yummies customer.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I hate to admit it (I eat a doughnut for breakfast every day), but these doughnuts are my favorites. I live near here, within walking distance, and these doughnuts are my everyday breakfast while in Florida.

Yummies D, Owner at Yummies Donuts & BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for stopping by everyday. Thank you for your loyalty. Thank you for this great review. Do you have a favorite? Do you have any suggestions for a donut we don't make? We are always looking for new ideas. Thank you for being part of our Yummies family.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband (he is gluten-free) and I have had a few meals on Saturday afternoons. The owner, Alan, does a great BBQ with pulled pork and beef brisket (among others). The buns are great and the meat falls apart. Alan gives my husband a bit more meat to accommodate for no bun. His baked beans and cole slaw are superb. The cole slaw has bits of pineapple that make it very unique. We've also sampled his kettle corn and I've had his new "banana blossoms". If you like donuts and BBQ, this is the place for you. Conveniently located near the Dome flea market if that's your thing. A top notch bakery and BBQ in a small, unassuming shop. Covered outside (picnic tables) dining only, but it keeps you dry even on a rainy day. And you can enjoy your lunch while smelling the Bbq cooking on the side. BBQ on Saturdays only. Stop In, tell Alan hello!

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Oh my God this place is to die for!!! Can't eat any other BBQ OR DONUTS EVER!!!! ALLEN is the owner and he ROCKS THE HOUSE!! Eat the donuts and go back and get a sticky pig for lunch !!!! Oh my God !!! You will think you died and gone to heaven!!!