I wish I had read these reviews first!
I concur with the other 2 reviews. Once you get beyond the gate, it is not good at all. In a nutshell,
- they were closed when we arrived; for those who were late arrivals they posted a map on the door of the registration center. However, despite our confirmation, no preparations were made for us.
- the site assigned to us was TINY! We too looked out the window into the mobile home next to us. No way to avoid it. We have a 32 motorhome and pull a Jeep.
-We got a full hook up site but cable was not included and you had to call the local cable company to get a hook up
-Showers are nice but had only 2 stalls for this big and dense population. I was stuck behind two 14 yr olds who took over the entire facility and took forever. They need many more showers!!
- To do laundry, you have to purchase a card for $3 and then put money on the card to do laundry--rip-off.
- Can't use picnic table because is was so wobbly and unsafe; it was not a full size table, only suitable for 2 people but we didn't use it because it was so bad
- Even at peak season, better sites were available but they would not move us because we were PASSPORT AMERICA participants! The park was not booked and they could have made an exception. PA members are shuffled off to the worse offerings-- I understand business but they treat PA members as second class citizens!
-Roads are so narrow.
- No pass thru sites
- No garbage pick up at the site
- Website does not make amenities/offerings/costs clear. Policies page does not display because "URL is not available."
- There is more but I think I have shared enough for you to get the picture.
Complaining to the office did no good. We will never book here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Ramblers Rest RV Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramblers Rest RV Campground Venice, Florida