“Nice surprise!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were driving around Venice and decided to stop. The restaurant was festive and the waiters were extremely nice. The food was very good and the salsa and chips is kept coming. The only thing is that we were put on a table behind a screaming baby, I didn't complain because my kids were once babies too, and babies are sometimes unpredictable, so I understood. Right before we paid our bill, our waiter came to apologize on behalf of the manager, and we we given a choice for a free dessert. I like that ma,mager saw it was an incovenience for us to be near a screaming baby. Overall, good food, atmosphere, and drink.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Typically my family eats in the restaurant. However, this time we called in our order and it was messed up. To start with we had to wait for them 15 min beyond the 20-30 min they told us it would be ready by. Then, they failed to give us our complete order even though they charged us for it. When we got home and found out we were missing meals, we called them and told them we would be returning for the rest of the order. It was ready when we arrived, but it should have been right the first time. So frustrating! Recommend checking the bag they give you to ensure it's all there.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a delightful waitress. I think that there is a good variety to choose from with decent prices.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We tried Mi Pueblo because we heard great reviews about it. The atmosphere is ok, not as interesting as I expected. Staff was very friendly and I love the idea of giving Popsicle sticks with a Mexican theme as your waiting name. We had a very nice waitress. Chips and salsa were good. The warmer they are the better they taste! I liked how they kept filling them! Unfortunately that is where the good taste ended. I ordered a pick three meal with 2 different kinds of enchiladas and a taquito. My shredded chicken and shredded beef were super dry and the 2 different enchilada sauces were of no taste. The taquito was flavorless as well. Rice and beans were fine though. My husband had a chicken meal with cheese and avocado atop. His was good...not anything to brag about but good. He was a good sport and traded plates with me because he knew I was very disappointed in my meal. The overall experience was not what I expected from a place that gets such great reviews. Although we didn't get any specialty drinks, they did look great on other tables. We will not be going back for the food but may visit again to try the drinks at the bar.

1  Thank LoveMyWine412
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I took my mom here few times. The food is taste good. The chips and salsa is Great but honestly speaking as someone who knows food this is not really authentic Mexican food but also honestly speaking is the best Mexican restaurant in Venice Florida when you comparing it to the other Mexican restaurant in town this is is by far better than the other one. Except that sometime you just have to wait too long to be served or even get table.
I do recommend this place for sure to anyone

1  Thank Bambinoamericano