“A dissapointment”

Crow's Nest Marina Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #16 of 252 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Venice's Waterfront Landmark since 1976. We focus on fresh, creatively-prepared seafood, hand-cut steaks and chops and our award-winning wine list. Serving lunch and dinner Monday-Saturday and dinner all day on Sunday. Tavern open every day with casual pub menu.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We hadn't been there in a couple of years, but remembered we liked it the last time. My husband and I both had the Veal Oscar. The Veal was overdone and the green beans that were served with it were hard. I don't like my veggies mushy but I don' t like them that hard. I also had their lobster bisque. They served it with the sherry on the side which I found a little odd, so I tasted the soup first then poured the sherry in. Much better flavor with the sherry . Our waiter seemed very non-chalant, maybe that was just his personality. I will say the ambiance is very nice, great view of the harbor, and in nicer weather there is seating outside.

1  Thank Joyce O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,897)

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our favourite in this area. Great location, excellent food, good ambience and mood and not stupid prices. We have been coming here for years - some 20 - and found here about 15 years ago and were immediately impressed. It has kept its standards. We have come here for the first time in 7 years and went back there. Great that it is still the same and the best meal of our holiday...again!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Girls weekday lunch. This place is really two restaurants in one. Downstairs is a tavern with a nice bar, dark wood tables and booths and low lighting. The menu is burgers and such. Upstairs has a wall of windows overlooking the Marina and intracoastal, white tablecloths and an extensive menu. There's also an outdoor deck upstairs. Something for everyone! We chose the room with the view. Too humid to sit outside. We had the panko crusted chicken salad and fajita tenderloin salad. Both were good. Our waitress Sandy was wonderful. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank rwalk1009
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We really liked our server,Neil, and the staff in general. We went for dinner, out of season, no wait, and we got a great table downstairs. Live music on Thursday night started right after we arrived around 7:00, one performer with an accoustic guitar and synthesizer playing oldies and still could hold a conversation easily. My wife loved the fried oysters (flesh eating bacteria make raw a too scary here in FL right now) and I had the burger, which was filling. It would be nice to have a few gluten free options but overall a great night out in Venice. Jai Lai IPA on tap.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Love lunch at Crow's Nest. The manager helped us pick a great bottle of wine and you can take the wine home if you don't drink it all! The staff is always friendly and knowledgable about the food. My MIL always gets the tuna and I mix it up! The view is excellent.

1  Thank Diana S