“Good food and customer service”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #93 of 249 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We recently had a couple of experiences at our local Outback which made me feel I should write and tell them how much we appreciate their good food and good service. We took a friend here for his birthday. After a delicious meal, they sang and brought him ice cream. One day I called to order takeaway for lunch and found that the battery in the car was dead. I felt terrible calling and saying I couldn't get there. The woman on the phone was so nice and made me feel better. Our steaks have always been tasty, and we enjoy the blooming onion and the dressed baked potato. We value good customer service, and we have never had a bad experience here.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

OK. I come to Outback for the beef. I've been doing this for 15 years. I always have ordered the 6 inch serloin -- economy cut, sure. But, it has always been great. Last time at Outback, it was marginal -- some gristle but, 99% edible. Today, lots of gristle, 80% edible. I spoke to the owner as I payed my bill. His message was "you should have told me earlier I could have done something". A VERY marginal response for a customer satisfaction oriented restaurant. I was disappointed in both the beef AND the management response.

3  Thank Jim M
Reviewed 11 July 2014

It has been almost 15 years since I ate an Outback because I don't eat steaks and there was little else to order there. But when I went back in my party of 9 today, I was pleasantly surprised at the additions to the menu. Everything was delicious. I will be back.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Visited twice during this trip, both times for dinner. First visit the ribs were overcooked in parts and were verging on inedible. Chicken and shrimp were good. Service was not as friendly as we remembered it from last November but was acceptable. Second visit was better for food but server was a little disinterested. Just got a feeling that it is not quite on the ball.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went there to take advantage of a Groupon offering 20% off. My wife's steak was uneatable. We sent it back and the second one was not much better. I had a filet which had to be the least tasty filet mignon I have ever had. They did comp my wife's dinner which was appropriate. We will not be going back

2  Thank Norman W