“hair of a day”

Ranked #19 of 250 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Left Coast Seafood Company! Local family owned since March of 2002, we specialize in offering awesome food at affordable prices. We are a family friendly restaurant with a great kids' menu and a fish tank for everyone to enjoy. Children love to watch the seahorses! We have Happy Hour everyday from 11-6. Our bar has a great selection of beer & wine, and we make some of the best cocktails on Florida's Left Coast in Venice, Florida! Be sure to try one of our signature drinks like the Admiral's Sangria, Shrimp Bloody Mary, or Casey Key Tea! We are a casual restaurant...So come in your beach, bike, or boat attire!A
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went for the AYCE shrimp on Tuesday nights, me and a friend put down 143 shrimps and that is when I noticed it, I didn't notice it at first because if you are doing an AYCE on anything, you must first focus on target til you are just about done, then you focus on the adds and drink. so as my dinner was coming to a close I went to try the Cole slaw and there it was....a long blonde hair, that was enough to turn me off from this restaurant permanently...I know that there is stuff in our food, something we all have to deal with, but we shouldn't have to see it.

Thank brainfreezey .

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The most exquisite meal we have ever had simply put! We were on vacation from quincy massachusetts we were staying at the ramada inn, so one of the closest restaurants was leftcoast seafood co.! My husband and I stopped by there was a little wait which was as to be expected for the dinner rush I understand completely! We got a table with in 15 mins and we sat! I tried the happy seahorse and my husband had his usual manhattan which both were delightful! The waiter was there promptly and he retrieved our drinks almost instantaneously and was very informative upon the menu! Upon his recommendation we both had the Grouper Oscar! This was very intriguing to the both of us, because, we have had oscar style on steak before but never on Grouper! Our meals came quick I would say roughly 15 minutes and they were piping hot! Once I took the first bite I knew the authenticity of the grouper was paramount, It was indeed fresh florida grouper! The infusion of the crab meat and hollandaise was exemplary of fine cuisine!! The flavor exploded on my tongue and the combination was dreamy to say the least! My husband loved his fish as well, but he is a man of few words! The waiter was prompt on asking us how everything was we congratulated the chef and begged him to relay the message! When we were finished with the meal we shared a kahlua walnut pie! The pie came dressed in whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce.... EVERY BITE WAS STELLAR! I will definitely com back here again next year and I will make sure to make my way through the menu! I only wish I could remember our server's name He was a male but that's all I can remember... definitely 2 thumbs way up and I only wish I could give 6 stars!!!!

1  Thank Jane N
Reviewed 9 June 2014

the most exquisite meal we have ever had simply put! Everything about the whole experience there was amazing!!! The service was almost instantaneous! The server was a male I don't recall his name but he was very prompt and very knowledgable about the menu. My husband and I both had the Grouper Oscar with red skin potatoes and rice pilaf upon the servers recommendation. The food was amazing we have tried oscar style on steak before but never on grouper! The Grouper was fresh you could taste that instantly once you took a bite. The combination of the crab meat with the hollandaise was just an all around exemplary infusion of taste! I would recommend anyone who truly loves seafood to stop by there and try the grouper oscar!!! We were on vacation, so now we are back up north, but next year I will definitely make sure to pencil in left coast seafood as our destination!!!!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Disappointed! We eat seafood a lot....my husband was a commercial fisherman so we KNOW seafood....this place doesn't come close. Don't bother!

2  Thank LSC-Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were staying in nearby ramada and so this was walking distance. We arrived after the main rush and got a table immediately. But it did feel as if the staff were in the early stages of closing. The service was quick, a bit too quick for European habits, the food was good, but not special, the wine was just the usual choice. We left happy but not with need to visit again during our week in venice.