“great value, friendly staff”

Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Arlington, Virginia
“great value, friendly staff”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed at the Ramada for a wedding. We had a great time and would definitely return.

Benefits:
-very close to Venice Beach (5 min drive) and across from supermarket
-staff immediately greeted us and provided a map with lots of local restaurants and things to do
-pool was beautiful and not overly crowded

Downsides:
-buffet breakfast wasn't included, and it was disappointing (bland eggs, no pancakes/waffles or juice)
-our wedding party was split up all over the resort. It would've been nice to have a block together (and we reserved months in advance)
-A/C unit turned off and on all night which was hard to sleep through the first night.

Room Tip: The pool area was loud at night, so any room nearby was a little noisy (you could hear the bass, peo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Traveling572, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind review. I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time, and that you will be one of our return guests. Thank you for being our guest and we can’t wait to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and I have to say I was a bit skeptical. The last ramada inn we stayed at looked great in the photos, but ended up to be a dump. The hotel was great! The room was clean and nice. The pool area was spotless. Everyone was very friendly and helpful including the maintenance man. We couldn't figure out how to close the drapes and he came to our room and showed us. We very much enjoyed our stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4barkingdogs, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. I pleased to hear that you were pleasantly surprised. I am so glad that you had such a great stay. I will be sure to tell our staff to keep up the great work. We do hope that if your travels ever bring you back to the Venice area again, that you will be our guest. Until then thank you for choosing Ramada Venice Resort, and we hope to see you again very soon.
Powder Springs, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Let me start off by saying I have not stayed at a ramada since I was 10 yrs old. Now tht I'm grown I won't be back. The suite is well decorated but it was too noisy. Kids gathered in courtyard right outside our room and talked laughed and goofed off till 2 am one night. When I called the front office the next morning to see if we could change rooms, I was told all suites were either in the courtyard or pool view.The second night there was a wedding in the courtyard and once they went inside the kids gathered in the courtyard again till late night. On check out morning we received two calls from housekeeping one at 5 am and another around 8 wanting to know if we had checked out yet! Check out is 11! When we did check out the hotel only refunded $22 of the $50 incidental deposit they put on your card at check in. When I called back Sabrina at the front office told me the $22 was for taxes they charge you, she didn't listen to a word I said she didn't understand when i said there's a $22 credit not debit! Had to end up calling corporate because to date they have not refunded $50. It seems as though ramada is trying to come up and be a hampton inn or marriott but they aren't there yet. Suites should be inside and you should be able to enjoy a nights sleep without other people kids keeping you up at night.

1 Thank Antonya D
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Antonya D, Thank you for being our guest. I know I have personally talk to you now numerous times, and again I apologize about any miscommunication. The majority of our suites are located in the prime locations of our resort, such as our pool and courtyard. I do apologize that you were not satisfied with the location of your room. We do have interior corridor suites, but like all of our guest rooms they are based on availability unless requested otherwise. As far as the other guests that were outside of you room, if that is ever a problem again our guest agents would be more tan happy to ask them to keep the noise down. I did discus the calls that you stated you received from housekeeping; however we did not have a housekeeper on staff until 9am as we do every day. I wish I could clarify that for you, but I am just unsure of what that may have been. As far as the original $50 authorization that you saw on your credit card, that is done for each guest at check in. That is just an authorization for incidentals, and if at checkout you do not have any incidentals, then you will see that authorization go back on your card. This does sometime take a few business days. The $22.49 you were charged was he balance of your taxes from your Groupon that you had purchased directly through Groupon. I wish there was something I could do, however prior to purchasing your Groupon you are made aware that you will be responsible to pay for your guest room taxes. Again I would be more than happy to answer any further questions you may have. Please feel free to contact me directly (941)308-7700 Ext 512. Until then thank you for your review, and I hope to talk to you soon.
Hudson, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

They say customer service is dead. Not at the Ramada Venice Resort! The employees made us feel so welcome. We have stayed here 2 times and each stay was absolutely perfect. It is 5 stars in every way. The rooms are clean, the beds are super comfy, and it is very close to the beaches. Also has a nice pool. Will stay here everytime we are in Venice.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor facing the pool, it was beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Ge0rge_J67, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your glowing review. Yay I am so thrilled that you and such a wonderful stay. Our staff works very hard to make sure each guest has a great time. I will be sure to tell them to keep up the great work. We look forward to seeing you again very soon, and Thank you again for being our guest.
Holiday, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Received early check in and check out. Front desk staff was nice. On Friday, I spent 15 minutes on the phone with the wifi company & they were finally able to get me connected. I could not get wifi on Saturday (didn't call). Was able to get wifi on Sunday (automatically).

As suggested, ask for a room in the back, away from the pool/restaurant. Not sure if everyone using the pool was actually a guest. Pool was crowded & 3 different parties were tossing games across the pool. You were in a splash zone no matter where you were.

Room was nice. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Wifi can be spotty.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TarponNancy, Thank you for being our guest. I am pleased to hear that you were pleased with your overall stay, ad that you will be one our return guests. I do apologize about the issue you had with our Wif. Thank you again for choosing Ramada Venice Resort, and we hope to see you again very soon.