“An Awesome Place”

Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I took our getaway here...the room was great and very clean. We will be visiting again real soon..i would like to send koodles out to:Molly , Crysta , Angie , and Jordan for a gand stay and making us feel like home away from home...thanks a million

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Jalena F, Thank you for taking the time to share your warm review. I am so pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time, and that you were truly satisfied with your stay. Our housekeeping and maintenance team are truly amazing. They work very hard to keep our resort in the best shape possible, and it really shows. I will sure to let Molly who is our executive housekeeper know that you were impressed. Thank you so much for choosing Ramada Venice Resort, and We hope to see you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,161)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Right from making reservations the assistance and service has been excellent! I have just finished making reservations for my FORTH VISIT to this wonderful resort. I would like to express my thanks to Amber Munson who has helped me in the past and remembered me when I called to make new reservations today.She has always been more than available to assist guests with their requests,and her presentation is professional yet friendly. The maid service is wonderful too. The rooms are well appointed,large ,very comfortable beds. I really enjoy the pool and will be in it every day. I love it there and feel very much "at home".I will continue going back.Honestly,I can't say enlugh about how much I love staying at this Ramada

Room Tip: Room on the south near the pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Roseanna L, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your excellent review. I am beyond thrilled to hear that you are one of our return guests. I will be sure to let Amber know to keep up the great work, and that you were completely satisfied with the guest service that she provided. Our house keeping team really is amazing. I will be sure to tell them to keep up the great work. It was truly our pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you again for choosing the Ramada Venice Resort, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Planned to stay here for 4 nights as part of a 3-week tour of Florida (Gulf beaches, Orlando and cruise out of Miami), however, the experience was not a good one and we checked out early after 2 nights booking another hotel in Sarasota. When we arrived at the room we were introduced to an industrial dehumidifier, which had been placed there to get rid of both the residue of damp and smell of must from the air conditioning unit that appears to need to work at maximum temperature 24x7 to keep the rooms cool in the July/ August heat and humidity. Reception tried telling us that the room was OK and that placing the unit there was standard as part of the cleaning regime. We asked to move room, which was accommodated without issue. The room as what you expect from a low-to-mid range hotel and, whilst on the face of it, appear tidy and clean (with 2 queen beds in our room), I'm not sure this is quite the case. I inadvertently left some fudge on top of the dresser on the first night and woke the following morning to find it swarmed with little white bugs not much bigger than a grain of salt but nevertheless it left us wondering what else lived under the furniture to roam at night. The hotel itself is too far away from the beach and main street for my comfort; we walked it one night after a few drinks and it took around 45+ minutes with navigation difficult in the dark and when a little inebriated. This meant that the two families travelling had to jump in the van each night resulting is someone having to drive and not drink. We arrived in Venice on 29th July and we were very disappointed with just how quiet the area is at this time of year. There only appears to be a handful of restaurants who appear very keen to try and close their doors by no later than 10:30. On the upside the pool. patio area is reasonable, if not a little shallow, the outside bar is convenience and a happy hour is always welcome. We had big expectations for this hotel, based on Trip Advisor reviews, however it fell woefully short due to the need to have the air con on 24x7 resulting in both excessive noise (my wife struggled to sleep at night) and the resulting mustiness/ dampness it creates, quietness of the resort at this time of year (perhaps we should have done our homework more but we did not find this with Sarasota) and the distance of the hotel from the main street and beaches. This hotel may better suit people travelling in a cooler seasons but I would not stay there again in July/ August albeit the staff were as accommodating as possible. The Best Western in Sarasota had similar air con units through the front wall/ exterior of the room under the window and we did not experience the same concerns.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

DCMIT1, We truly do appreciate you taking the time to share your review. We would like to apologize that Venice was not what you were expecting it to be. Compared to Sarasota there is definitely a difference in every aspect. We do try to inform our guests that we are close to Sarasota, but that we are located in Venice Florida. We are also not a beach front resort, so I do apologize if you thought otherwise. As for the room that you initially checked in. August is one of the hottest months for our area, so if and when we might have problem with an Ac unit it would be around this time of year. I am happy to hear that we were able to move you into your new room right away. As for our each entry pool. The depth is just to insure the safety of our guests. If you do ever consider being our guest again, we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have to make sure you have the best stay possible. Thank you again, and we hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed for 2 nights and had a great experience around the pool I had cassidy as my waitress she was very friendly and helpful over all great service and the food was good would definitely recommend this hotel to friends

• Stayed: August 2014

145joh, Thank you for taking the time to share your warm review. We are so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay, and that you truly had a great experience. I will be sure to tell Cassidy to keep up the great work. Thank you again for being our guest. We do hope that if your travels eve bring you back to the Venice area again, that you will choose Ramada Venice Resort.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is our third time in Venice staying at the Ramada. We have family near by and enjoy to visit. This hotel is near the beaches and other attractions. A good location in Highway 41.
The staff is professional, friendly and always willing to answer any questions you may have "with a smile". Good breakfast, friendly bar area, nice large pool for families and reasonably priced. The standard rooms are spacious and the suites are HUGE. They welcome pets, which is great, since we have brought our dog several times. An unexpected plus: They have entertainment and activities going on every weekend in the summer - BBQ's, live bands, theme nights, FUN for everyone.

Room Tip: Suites have full kitchens, standard rooms have mini refrig, coffee pot and tea.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Yoly M, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind review. I am so pleased to hear that you are one of our return guests. I will be sure to tell our staff to keep up the great work. The location of our resort really is great. The Wave Grill always has exciting new activities to keep our guest, and local residents very happy. We will be having a BBQ Bash This Sunday as well, in honor of the Holiday. We do hope that if your travels bring you back to the Venice area again, that you will join us for the fun and be our guest.