“Treated like family”

Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We were on our way home from a cruise and my wife was feeling ill, we decided to stop and let her rest. When we got there the young lady at the desk was very helpful, signed us up right away and we were on our way to the room very fast. The next day my wife was still feeling ill, I asked about a late checkout and they were very concerned for her and told me that a late checkout was no problem, and to let them know if more time was needed, and even asked if there was anything they could do to further assist us. I decided to stay another night, and found them just as helpful the next day. We checked out and headed for home. They were so comforting to me while I was trying to assist my wife,and it almost felt like I was around family,or very good friends who really cared about what was going on at the time. I thanked them for this. We travel quite a bit, and I have never seen this type of hospitality in any hotel. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE STAYING IN THIS AREA!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Patricia C, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. We were just happy that your wife was feeling well enough to head home. We look forward to your next visit to Venice.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice

Reviewed 18 June 2012

PROS: Debby, the night manager was great; located in an isolated area in a cul de sac; in outer ridges of venice ; close to everything; 2 elevators (1 on each side); pool surrounded by building; the inner rooms have balconies facing the pool; full kitchen was convenient; you can borrow the “Florida snow shovels" to look for shark teeth ; can borrow beach chairs although they're fairly low to the ground; standard hot breakfast; cookies and popcorn in afternoon; ample and secure parking; classy looking establishment (with fountain in lobby); Debby was a great host and even gave my son some shark teeth after all we found were miniscule teeth on the beach.

CONS: door to bedroom was louvered so no privacy for people sleeping in the pull out sofa in living room; no exhaust fan in bathroom.

Room Tip: Pretty much any room is a good room. We usually always choose the highest possible rooms for peace a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Big_bro_1_usa
Patricia C, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Venice our guests come first and we appreciate and take into consideration all of our guests comments. I have shared your posting with Deby and the rest of our staff, it's always the best part of my job to acknowledge our hard working team members. It sounds like you had a great vacation, enjoyed the hotel amenities and went home with a variety of sharks teeth! We know you have a choice when looking for accommodations and we truly appreciate your business. We hope that you will choose us again when visiting Venice, Florida.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I've stayed at this hotel more than 10 nights this year. Its adequately clean and comfortable but the property is beginning to show its age and the rooms are a bit musty. This last stay I also had wood ants in my room a couple of nights. Its a bit disconcerting to have ants climbing across your face in the middle of the night. I've also had a couple of experiences with the cable going out (one night while watching the NBA Western Finals) for extended periods. The elevator is veeerrryy slow.
Overall, its a good clean business hotel with friendly,courteous staff but its starting to show its age and is not the hotel if you want to create fond memories.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Patricia C, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Greetings from the Hampton Inn & Suites Venice Bayside. Thank you for your continued patronage. We apologize for not meeting your expectations during your last stay with us and we would like the opportunity to make sure we exceed them during your next visit. Please feel free to contact us directly before your next stay. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I was on a youth trip and this was a last minute stay for the group. The hotel was quite accommodating to our needs and getting us rooms near each other. Check-in has chocolate chip cookies and fruit water (a nice treat). The hotel has all the amenities necessary (and free WIFI)! The pool and spa were clean and well maintained.

The rooms were updated and clean. The beds were super-comfortable! There were plenty of towels and necessary toiletries. The only complaint I have was that the TV cut out during the NBA playoff games which was totally not the hotel's fault, but Comcast.

There was also complimentary full breakfast. The food was fresh and there was an excellent variety. Overall, this was a top-notch hotel and very affordable. If I'm ever back on the west coast I'll be sure to make this a place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Venice Bayside. Our entire staff is inspired to know that you and your friends had a nice time with us! Thank you so much for your kind review. We hope that your future travels to the west coast of Florida bring you back here to Venice. We look forward to having you.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed 1 night. We liked the location and layout of the grounds and pool.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kinds words regarding our hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Maybe next time you can plan on staying additional nights with us when in the Venice area. Have a great summer!

Reviewed 12 May 2012

We visit Venice once or twice a year and always stay at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and particularly helpful. The hotel has just about everything you want including a great pool. The buffet breakfast is include with your stay and is a bit above the average Hampton Inn breakfast. Would highly recommend staying here whenever you are visiting the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jelahti
Patricia C, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you for your continued patronage and positive comments. Our staff is dedicated to providing our guests with excellent service and we appreciate your acknowledgement of their efforts. We look forward to seeing you again when you are visiting the Venice area.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

We arrived around midnight for our reservation, and we heard the desk clerk tell a phone inquiry the hotel was full. I am a Hilton Honors member. We were given room #104, right by the mechanical room. While getting ready for bed by then well after midnight, we heard a bit of noise next door (water rushing and machines humming) but thought if that's the worse it gets, we can bear it. However, by morning it was SO LOUD. We woke at 5 am to unbearable sounds of high pressure water, loud machines that ran at 90 second intervals, squeaking and clanking. Went to the desk, and she said unconvincingly,"Oh, I thought that was fixed." So they knew it was a loud room! She offered to change the room to two floors up, same for same, available later in the day. Originally agreed, but after thinking about it, was so upset that we even had to bear the room for a night (really just a couple hour's rest on a much anticipated vacation), decided to check out and go elsewhere. Very disappointing! If the manager stayed in the room for one night, I bet it would be a storage room the next day. We were not charged for the night.

Room Tip: Don't take ROOM 104! LOUD! Perhaps the ones directly above it too.
Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravelTeam4985
Patricia C, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

I appreciate your comments about your stay with us. I really didn't know that the noise level was so bad in that room and I will certainly address the problem. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton Brand and stand by our 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you were not charged for your stay. However, I would rather you have a good night sleep! Please contact me personally when you are returning to Venice and I will guarantee a pleasant stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Inn at the Beach
Inn at the Beach
#2 of 13 in Venice
Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
Best Western Plus Ambassador Suites Venice
Fairfield Inn & Suites Venice
Home2 Suites by Hilton Nokomis
Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice? Share your experiences!