“Renovations”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Columbia, South Carolina
“Renovations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Glad that they are renovating the Hotel. Our room had new carpet/paint but not soft goods/furniture. Upon arrival, the gentleman that checked us in had had no clue on providing good service. He was extremely casual, shirttail out, texting on his phone and looked at me as if I was an interruption to his personal affairs. He never welcomed me, gave me any info on the property, no effort to direct my to my room. After reviewing the hotel directory, I saw an ad for a restaurant that was in walking distance to the Hotel. I went to the desk and asked directions and his response I don't know where it is. No offer for an assistance. The remainder of my stay was better, and I enjoyed the breakfast. Beds were not that comfortable. Air conditioning worked well.The staff on the day shift seemed much more hospitable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
HamptonGMgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is very valuable to us to hear feedback from our valued guests so that we may improve our product and service that we provide to our guests. We will ensure that any matters you experienced during your stay are not repeated in the future. Thank you again and we appreciate your choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Venice.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
NW PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

This is one of the nicest Hampton inns I have ever stayed at and I'll use this place as a standard for all Hampton inns. Beautiful, spacious rooms, clean, comfortable, wonderful staff and a great breakfast to boot!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank High_Miles
Enfield CT, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Personnel displayed high degree of knowledge and professionalism. Spirited attitudes. Hotel conditions / furnishings very clean and modern. Good variety of food for morning breakfast. Satisfied with the price considering the time of year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Thomas R
HamptonGMgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review. Recognizing that our staff is what makes a stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites venice is what we strive to do each and every stay with each and every guest. I am glad you enjoyed yout stay with us and we look forward to your return!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

In town to visit family. Location was close to family. Hotel is quiet and beautiful and very clean. Bathroom was spacious. Front desk staff friendly and check in fast. Hotel is undergoing renovation but we didn't experience any inconvenience. Good coffee but didn't eat breakfast there because we ate breakfast with family.Would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

We are staying at the Hampton Inn right at the moment of writting the review. I will say that it is an OK hotel. Nothing special, customer service could go either way, some people friendly and some rude. The facilities could be better taken care off. The standard room with 2 queen size beds is very small. It almost feels claustrophobic. They are going through renovations, which are long over due. But still the furniture in the room is beat up. They have free breakfast , which consisted of oatmeal, french toast sticks, fake scrambled eggs, breads and lots of pastry. They also had some bananas(could not have them because they were unripe), apples and yogurt. Coffee, juice, tea, and water. Every time we travel, we try to book a room with Hampton Inn because our past experience with them has been great with regards the cleanliness of the rooms. This time though, even when the room looked clean, my daughter had an allergy episode in the middle of the night that kept us awake for at least 2 hours. I am sorry, but I will not reccomend this hotel to anyone.

Houghton Lake, MI, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Mostly good time. Clean, friendly staff, good breakfast, well maintained. TV reception was poor, kept pixelating. Shower curtain bar angled so curtain would not stay drawn. Shower faucet leaks. Noise from construction not too bad, only daylight hours

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I brought my mother for the weekend for her 80 birthday and we found this place thanks to Groupon. We had the best time, and best sleep. We went to the poolside bar and the bartenders were awesome, so friendly, my mother doesn't stay out late but those guys kept entertained she didn't want to leave. We will definitely come back!!!!

Stayed November 2013