“Quality Stay”

Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I highly recommend this property. Nice rooms, friendly staff and a great breakfast. The business center is limited but the rooms were nice. The staff was friendly without being over the top. I will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you are in this area, staying at this hotel is a great choice! They have a complimentary breakfast and a pool! The beds are amazingly comfortable too! Check in and out was super fast and we enjoyed it overall!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonGMgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Recently reviews have called the Hampton Inn & Suites Venice a Great Stay, Great Service and a Great Place. We are truly grateful that our guest have used this word to describe our hotel. We are very proud of our staff, facility and location. Thank you for your "GREAT" review.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for just one night and booked a king suite as it was only $20 more.

Suite was great - spacious and very clean and comfortable. We have been staying in Country Inn suites and this was far superior.

Breakfast was great - again much better than Country Inn. Lovely fresh fruit too.

The pool was not huge, but big enough to have a splash around in and have some fun.

The gym has a x trainer, bike, treadmill and a few weights, etc and wasn't busy.

Overall a nice stay and I'd recommend the king suite

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank SarahDKHunt
HamptonGMgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for your very thorough review. On the postive you complimented our staff as well as the price of the suite and the size of the suite. I do want to point out that you did stay in one of the few suites that we have not yet renovated. They are scheduled to begin renovation the end of May. We will look into all of the valid points you made concerning your stay and will rectify everyone that we can. I want to thank you again for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn & Suites Venice and everything you said.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed for four nights and the great service started at check in when I was pleasantly surprised to see that the front desk Manager Carol actually took time to read the special request for the accessible suite. The service carried on to the desk clerk who helped my wife warm up her food, and adjust the room temp, while I was away. The room was set up for a wheelchair with room on all sides of the bed and a desk and vanity that a wheelchair could roll under. The breakfast was very good. The suite has plenty of room for a long stay.

Room Tip: The accessible Suites 147 with a tub and 145 with a roll in shower.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the outstanding review and mentioning our disability Suites. All of our rooms are designed to offer our guests the utmost in convenience as a home away from home. We do offer several room type for physically and hearing impaired guests. Our staff is authentic in dealing with all guest requests. Again I thank you for you review and I am most gratified to hear we made your stay enjoyable and satisfactory. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Not much to see around this hotel. A memorial park, some buildings to rent and the highway as close neigbour. Wlaking distance to a few restaurants. A workout room that need new machines. If you plan to read, bring you own light. Only one lamp in room. Otherwise, Hampton standard.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. You mention one of the advantages of staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Venice. We are quiet and peaceful. We do indeed have a quiet location just off Highway 41. So you can actually walk around and near our hotel without being overwhelmed by traffic. We are only 1/2 mile from the historic and fun to visit downtown and 1.8 miles to the beach. Hamnpton Inns are always an excellent choice for staying at a hotel. Keep on choosing Hamptons!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We got in late last night and were exhausted from a 24 1/2 drive down from Massachusetts so I will not bother with any complaints since I don't really feel like moving rooms. Upon entering the room we were pleased to see the size of the suite. I vacation approximately 10 times a year and try to experience different hotels often to find "the perfect fit" for our family so I have stayed in many Hampton and Marriot suites and this is definitely the largest one bedroom suite I have stayed in. Saying that there are a few things that have already made our stay uncomfortable. First is there is not an oven in the suite. I have some food allergies which make eating out pretty much unbearable so an oven is a must for me on vacation. I will point out this is my own fault because in booking the hotel I could have asked which I usually do but did not. The room itself is a sauna and if you turn on the AC with the archaic thermostat controller cold air blasts out right onto the people sleeping on the sofa sleeper. So that leads me to the sofa sleeper. I opted to stay on the sofa bed with one of the children because we have 6 people in our party and of course the brothers and sisters don't want to bunk with each other so mom got the sofa bed :) Well be prepared for a Disney ride all night because I don't think the bed could be any more uncomfortable and formed in a V shape causing the occupants to end up squished together in the middle. Very lumpy also and mattress extremely thin. Also they only give you only a blanket and one pillow for the sofa bed. I stole a pillow from one of the other beds and didn't need another blanket due to the sauna in the outer room. This room is meant for six people so I would expect it to be set up for six. The bathroom. Well I am a mother of seven and a RN so the OCD kicks in a bit with the bathroom. You walk into it and basically are choked with the smell of bleach. Now mind you I appreciate the germ eliminating abilities of bleach but don't want to smell it in that concentration throughout my vacation. I do have to say it is very large which is nice. Basic tub with shower nothing fancy. Large sink area which is always nice with an addition vanity/sink area right outside of bathroom, very nice for our large family. But one thing that does drive me a bit crazy is there are four towels. I do see this in a lot of suites in these types of hotels but again 6 people so one would expect 6 towels? Another area that I am particular about is the kitchen. It gets a 2/5 for me just because there is limited utensils. Again 6 people and 4 spoons doesn't work very well. Needs desperate updating and is not nurse clean but is acceptable hotel clean. Lastly I would like to say if you get room 252 and don't want to walk a mile to your room request another at check-in. This particular room is up the one elevator that in the hotel and down several hallways and all the way at the end (I guess you could classify it as a dead end) of a hallway. I am a stair user myself but not with the luggage of the entire family. It does provide you with lots of quiet and privacy but far to walk to. We have not experienced any noise in the hotel itself but I was awoken around 6 am by obnoxious people in the parking lot yelling back and forth to each other. Overall I feel you get what you pay for and although many others placing reviews on this particular hotel state it is expensive I can tell you from experience this is cheap! I have paid over $300 a night on Virginia beach for a much smaller suite and an average of $200 plus in other areas of the country for smaller suites so I am quite pleased with the price. Just for that I would stay here again. As far as the staff I did make a call as soon as I arrived in the room to inquire about an oven and the gentleman at the front desk was very nice and directed me to call and speak with the manager in the morning.

Room Tip: Room 252 is VERY isolated and quiet but far.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn & Susites Venice. Your review is helpful to our current and future guests and to our entire staff as well. We can take the information you post and address the issues so that future guests will not be inconveniencd by the same situations. We are always looking for way to improve the product we offer our guests as well as the customer service we provide. We appreciate your time to fill out the review and we thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & SUites Venice. We are always at your service.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. We will probably stay there again. Although it is a little expensive, it was worth it. The breakfasts were very good. The facility was very clean. It is located next to Sarasota County's "Legacy Trail", which we used for walking. It is a short drive to downtown Venice and the beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the Five Star Review. The Hampton Inn & Suites Venice is a great place to stay if you need overnight accommodations in the Venice/Nokomis area. We have lots of activities and we are close to beaches, shopping and great restaurants. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We know you have many choices in hotels and we will continue to try to exceed your expectations.We look forward to your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Venice
1 mi away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Nokomis Sarasota Casey Key
Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice? Share your experiences!