Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Like to stay in Hampton hotel in Vence,great location and a lot if interesting places around;you can visit clouse Sarasota or stay in small Venice with excellent beach.....a lot of bars and restorants in one street with beach on the end ...Like to come back and stay longer,cant visit all nice places in my short two day visit

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonGMgr, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your very kind review.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

From check-in to check-out a very pleasant experience. Staff has been friendly and helpful. Place was very well kept and maintained. Hotel was close to beaches, shopping, biking and restaurants. Would visit again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We spent 3 nights and were part of a wedding party which had 20 plus rooms. The staff were wonderful and did their best to make us feel at home. The owner could learn from his staff how to smile and project a positive energy. The location is close to everything and has easy access.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonGMgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Venice. All of our staff from the owners on down have the same attitude to make certain ouer guests have exceeded their expectations. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I arrived at this hotel around 2130 on a Friday for a quick overnight stay. After waiting to check in, I went to my room and quickly changed into a swimsuit to have a soak in the jacuzzi to wind down before bed. When I got back to my room, I was ready to plop into bed and noticed that there looked like there were a bunch of tennis balls under the covers. It turned out that it was the duvet that had apparently been laundered and the filling had gotten balled up in each of the small quilted areas. I tried to sleep under it, but it felt really strange sleeping with a bunch of lumps on top of me. I was too tired to get dressed and have someone bring up a new duvet, so I grabbed the extra blanket out of the closet and untucked everything so I wouldn't feel the lumps all night and put the blanket on. Breakfast the next morning was okay, the usual Hampton Inn fare, but in the pot with a permanent label that read "Hot Water" there was coffee flavored hot water. The breakfast host did get me a cup of hot water directly from the spout in the kitchen so that I could drink my tea. Upon checking out, I did mention the very lumpy duvet to the front desk clerk and her comment was "Oh, that shouldn't have been like that." No offer to let a manager or housekeeping know so that it might be fixed for the next guy.

Building is dated. I would probably not stay here again. For the money, I did expect better. I could have stayed in a Days Inn down the street, paid less and probably would have been more satisfied with the value. I have had only good experiences at Hampton Inns until this stay.

Room Tip: Check your duvet before you are ready to go to sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HamptonGMgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

I'm glad you have had good experiences at Hampton Inn hotels. I'm also glad you gave us feedback so that we can better serve our guests. Without hearing from our guest we aren't able to know what we need to do to improve our product and service and increase oyr value to our guests. Even though we are a slightly older hotel we have just renovated our rooms and corridors with fresh new carpets. We do have new inserts for the duvets ordered and we will take steps to insure that everything you experienced will not be repeated with other guests. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This Inn is close to beaches, has very large suites, they are almost like an apartment, It has been re done ,but still needs a bit more updating. Breakfast was in lobby and very good, only small complaint was there was not much fruit out, no bananas, apples etc. Lobby was small.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Hampton Inn is a great value for a stay in Venice, Florida. Staff is friendly and helpful and facilities are well kept and clean. Location is convenient and pleasant. I would recommend this inn to family and friends.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonGMgr, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Wow! You couldn't have given us a better review. At times there might be things that occur that aren't perfect but the best complement we can have is that you recommend us to other. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is located of US41 pretty secluded from the road and anything else. The beaches( a couple to choose from) are less than 10 minutes away. Venice has a unique downtown district that is less than 5 miles away with small shops and restaurants. Pretty much restaurants of all kinds close. The staff at the hotel were friendly. The man doing the breakfast on our days there kept everything full and worked on keeping the area clean and also was very pleasant doing so,
I would recommend this hotel if you want a quiet out of the mayhem place. Rooms were clean and so was pool area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HamptonGMgr, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your great review. I really appreciate that our guests think enough about their stay here that they recommend us to others. I particularly liked you mentioning our weekday breakfast host who is not only efficient but very friendly and a joy to work with. Thank you again for all the kind things you mention about our hotel and Venice in your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Venice
1 mi away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Nokomis Sarasota Casey Key
Holiday Inn Express Venice/Sarasota

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Bayside Venice? Share your experiences!