Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hunton Bridge
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Just back from staying here. Was the perfect choice for the Harry Potter Studio Tour which was about 5 mins away.
Was a great stay with the very helpful Receptionist printing off a map for directions we needed.
The drink points are a fab idea, I loved the nose cups!
Full English breakfast was cooked to perfection although I was looking forward to a help yourself buffet!
I would definitely recommend this hotel.
:o)

• Stayed: April 2012
whitejo, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of Hunton Park, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us (particularly our nose cups!).

We do normally operate a full buffet breakfast option as I know this is always a very popular option in terms of breakfast service. However on very rare occassions when we only have a few guests booked in for breakfast, we will "cook to order" the hot items to ensure this element of your breakfast is very fresh & piping hot, rather than leaving items sat under lamps on the buffet units.

Thank you so much for such a positive review and I do hope your enjoyed your visit to the new Warner Bros Harry Potter studio tour, it is proving very popular! I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Just enjoyed a wedding here. Staff friendly and accommodating. Food was marvellous. Rooms - maybe a little small, but such a comfortable bed, sheets lovely. Bath and shower great - lashings of proper hot water. And a 24 hour help yourself tea / coffee station. ....really nice stay.

1  Thank Moozy7
whitejo, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your really positive review on our Trip Advisor review site.

I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly for such a special occasion as a wedding. Hunton Park is extremely popular as a wedding venue, so it is fantastic to hear such glowing reviews from guests attending these special days.

Rest assured I will certainly pass on your feedback to all our team at Hunton Park and I really do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We chose this hotel due to it's excellent location for the Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio Tour. Whether travelling by car or by bus each are easily accessible with a bus stop opposite the entrance to the hotel drive which will take you to a stop outside the studio and also pick you up or alternatively if you want to walk its 30 minutes away.

The hotel facilities we're excellent and very clean. The room was a little on the small side but it did the job regardless. Staff we're friendly and knowledgeable of the area also. Even at 1am when I wanted a hot chocolate the hotel reception we're on hand and produced one! Your able to walk in the hotel grounds which are beautiful and have full use of the indoor pool. There is also a break out area providing free of charge refreshments through out the day if you didn't want to stay in your room

The negative was the room walls are thin and sound proofing is poor. We did get disturbed throughout our stay by noisy guests in the corridor and doors bang slamming at all hours.

Room Tip: Pack ear plugs to combat noisy guests.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
whitejo, General Manager at Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us at Hunton Park.

I am absolutely delighted to read that you had such a positive experience and that you found our team to be friendly & knowledgeable. I do hope you enjoyed your trip to the new Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio tour, it is so easy to get to and we hear it is a fanstastic day out!

Thank you again for your review and I do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

My family and I recently stayed here and visited the harry potter tour, this hotel is in a perfect location. It's clean nicely decorated and reasonably priced but it's star quality is its staff who are helpfull courteous and offer exceptional service.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your glowing review via our Trip Advisor review site.

I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay and you found our staff to be helpful & courteous. We absolutely understand that warm, friendly & personal service is by far the most important aspect during our guests stay, so it is fantastic to hear of your positive experience.

I am also pleased you found us convenient for your visit to the new Warner Bros Harry Potter Studio Tour which recently opened. We are only a 5 minute drive from the studios, so really convenient for visiting this attraction.

Thank you again for such a lovely review and I do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel previously and left good reviess for it in the past on laterooms etc. However, last weekend I organised for my sisters family and mine to meet up at this hotel to meet each others new babies (both under 10 weeks). I booked online - two rooms for 2 adults plus one infant each. Due to a problem with the booking I ended up speaking to an advisor who asked if we'd require cots - I confirmed no as we'd be using moses baskets. My partner and I arrived with baby on Friday evening to find we'd been allocated an upstairs room - and there are no lifts. I explained that we had pram holding sleeping baby to get up there and the guy on reception was totally uninterested, he assured me that 'there arent many steps' - I knew from past experience that there are 2 flights of steep narrow steps - when i told him he said that if we required assistance with the pram on the stairs to dial 0 from our room phone and we would get help from reception. On arriving at our room after struggling up the stairs (having had to dismantle the pram to do so) we found there to be no room phone anyway!!! We found it very inconvenient for the rest of our stay - we always had to leave the room together as it tool both of us to take the pram apart and transport it and baby up and down stairs. Furthermore, there is actually no access to the property without steps! We also found water in the kettle in the room on check in. And despite my specific request for no cot, a single bed had been placed in the room for my infant under 1!!!! This took up lots of floorspace we needed for our luggage and the cot we had bought with us.

I checked at reception the next morning before my sister and her family were due to arrive, and they had also been allocated an upstairs room!!! The mind boggles as to why they cant just allocate bookings with infants downstairs rooms as they will all have prams with them???

We had lunch in the bar on Saturday - there we no menus placed out and no staff behind the bar at all until we went looking. I felt as if we were being discouraged from using the facilities.

I found the staff on reception were unhelpful throughout, although the restaurant staff were friendly.

I stay in hotels every week with work, and the breakfast is not worth £10, although the room rate is competitive. Its a shame that standards seem to be slipping. I wont be visiting with my baby again which is a shame as its in the ideal location for us to have family meet-ups. Overall a good hotel completely let down by bad service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Slaithwaitetraveller

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of Hunton Park via our Trip Advisor review site.

I would like to express my personal apologies for the disappointing service that you received from our team, particularly in terms of the rooms you were allocated which were clearly unsuitable for you with a family.

I would like to offer you my absolute assurances that I have taken this issue up with our reception team and shared your experience with them. Upon investigating this matter, it does appear that as you had no requirement for a cot or childs bed, we failed to make a comment with your reservation that you had a child with you, hence we did not allocate you an appropriate room. I fully appreciate this is inexcusable, this was genuinely a one-off human error and my team will be far more vigilant in the futre.

We do normally receive glowing feedback about our service and personal attention to all our guests, which makes your experience even more disappointing. I would very much like to welcome you back to Hunton Park and if you do ever wish to stay with us again, please do contact me directly so that I may personally arrange a very special stay for you.

Thank you again for your feedback and I genuinely hope you will choose to come back and stay with us so that we may make up for such a disappointing stay.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I visited Hunton Park on the 23rd March for 1night.
Check in was very smooth, there was a polite gentleman on the desk who answered questions relating to the local area and taxi prices.
The hotel was very clean throughout and there were friendly staff greeting us as we wondered through to the bar.
The rooms are quite small, but was enough space for my partner and I. The room has everything you would find in any other hotel.
We booked in for breakfast which consisted of a buffet, including continental and full english. We both were full and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast. The staff kept all areas well stocked whilst we were present.
The gardens are nice, there was a wedding being planned for that day. The room looked beautiful.
Overall a great hotel with friendly staff and lots to do within the local area.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of Hunton Park on our Trip Advisor review site.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff to be so friendly & helpful. We genuinely care about making sure our guests have a really enjoyable & relaxing stay when they are with us at Hunton Park, so I will certainly pass on your positive feedback to my team.

I really do hope we can welcome you back in the near future and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

little room but comfy bed , nice food burger !! quite a way off the beaten track

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on your recent stay with us at Hunton Park.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I really do hope we can welcome you back in the very near future.

Thank you again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hunton Bridge
Jurys Inn London Watford
Hilton Watford
Hilton Watford
#7 of 13 in Watford

Been to Mercure London North Watford Hunton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!